Is an Anschutz 1517 that much better than a CZ452/455?

PUSC

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have

• Anschutz 1517
    • CZ 452
    • CZ 455
    • Another make of .17hmr

Hi all,

Is it worth spending the extra cash on an Anschutz 1517 over a CZ?

Seems there are some bargain CZs and everyone chap and his dog has one, but is that purely cost - or is the Anny not really any better.

Opinions are welcome B)

I was chatting to my dealer the other day and praising the CZ452 on accuracy. He said it will out shoot most rifles including the Anschutz. All a bit embarrassing when someone wants a rifle at over twice the cost, he said :lol: However, its all a matter of personal preference at the end of the day. I did this with my 452 today, 3 shots at 100yds. I wouldn't have improved on that with any rifle :good:

2013-09-07184411_zps53cfd676.jpg

2013-09-07184515_zps67356123.jpg

I have a 1516 in .22 and a 452 in .17HMR. They were both second hand and both about the same money. They are both very similar to use performance wise though I found that I didnt get on well with the stock on the Annie as the pistrol grip was, for me, at an uncomfortable angle. I replaced the stock with one from Joe West and it has been transformed from a mediocre rifle in to one that is a pleasure to use.

I think the trigger and action on the Annie is better quality but if I could only have one it would prolly be............................

I have both the Anschutz and the CZ. Both were bought from new but at the time the Anschutz was very reasonably priced so that was not too much of an issue.

As far as accuracy is concerned, I am the weak point. They both perform extremely well.

The Anschutz is clearly better build quality but that does not mean that it is more accurate or would last any longer.

My CZ's are fitted with trigger kits, cheap and simple so that is not an issue and should not put anyone off buying one.

Nice to see turbo. I keep reading about trigger kits for the CZ are they a necessity?

Dekers has a much more impressive grouping with the same rifle. If your reading this Dekers, pop it up :good: I wouldn't say the trigger kit is a necessity, but I changed the spring on both of mine for a much lighter one and its perfect. Standard, they are a little bit coarse, but a lighter spring sorts it. My dealer offered to put the trigger kit in FOC, but I didn't bother taking him up on it as its a 5 min job to put in the spring I already had.

If shooting gets a bit fast an furious, a few spare 10 shot mags can be a deal breaker

Sound advice :good: Cz mags easy to get, Annies seem a lot harder to find and expensive I'm told.

Tried both - went for the Anschutz.

It just felt and looked better.

This is why you would buy an Annie over the CZ. A CZ is a cheap (not so much now!) workhorse, bit agricultural in places whereas the Annie is much more refined.

Beautiful guns and really no accuracy difference between the 2. Bit like when people compare Sako and Tikka. I bought a Sako after owning a Tikka and do appreciate the difference in quality. However, there is no real world difference in accuracy.

I own cz rimfire/cf both are far more accurate than me so personally I don't see the need for spending the extra few £100 on a better looking gun, not that I think cz's look bad anyway.

Mine get used in the field mainly so not sure I want to take an Annie out anyway, if I was purely a target shooter then yeah I'd probably go with an anschutz, but for field work cz.

I shoot an Anschutz 1417 G XIV .14inch barrel for rabbits mainly and other vermin. It's never missed beat, totally reliable. Finding the right ammo is key for accuracy. Mine likes Eley and RWS subs. Eley Tenex are better for accuracy but the price isn't.

I have a 10 shot mag which is great but a bit expensive at just over fifty quid.

You won't go far wrong with either rifle.