New gun and no where to shoot

Stu21

It goes against tradition,

That's it, nothing more. As such, much as at somep clay grounds, there will be those wanting to look disdainfully down their nose at the person who carries out such a travesty!

Not just because of tradition , at my local clay ground, there banned because a guy shot 3 people in the stand next to him , when one was left in the chamber

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it is just not cricket to use a semi auto. It is a guns etiquette that removes the rationale behind the use of a semi auto on a pheasant shoot.

I also believe that some of the older boys in the game look on in disgust at the "new" O/U guns.

Personally, if I every manage to run a shoot semi autos would be strictly off limits. Too American for such an English tradition.

Was in the forces shooting big boys guns ,so when I turned to shot guns it was for vermin not game ,so I didn't need to know but how do you find out with out asking ,thought this was a good place to ask questions

But you didn't start the topic - unless you have an alter ego :whistling:

And the OP didn't ask a question. Strange folk in Doncaster.

Big boys guns eh? 105mm Pak howitzer? Honest John nuclear battlefield missile? 40/70 Bofors? Like wot I did?

Edited by DaveK

Also you can only shoot pheasant between October 1st to February 1st

I am aware if this. First pheasant shoot i am in is 5 October and ill miss due to work.

Also you can only shoot pheasant between October 1st to February 1st

I am aware if this. First pheasant shoot i am in is 5 October and ill miss due to work.

This is all rubbish

What a way to get the young ones into a sport

I'm 23 and just getting into it

I've just bought a camo semi cause that's what I ******* want and apparently people will look down on me

Well **** them

Times change and it's no ******* wonder young people don't want to do **** if they can't do it there own way!!!

I'm using a under and over for pheasants. My first post was at the fact I've bought a new gun and was gutted I can't try it out yet, and the fact I won't be shooting anything for a few weeks yet.

Just thought I'd mention it as the majority thought it more productive to "extract urine from you"

I personally don't don't care what people shoot with, at the end of the day it's about going out and enjoying yourself that's important. Not everyone can afford to own more than one gun.

The time will fly by and you'll soon be out shooting with your Hatsan, and we expect to see some pics when you do :)

It's got a steel tube that fires lead shot at high velocity, that should do for pheasants....

And with the extra shots in the magazine it should give him a chance to bring down even more birds than the posh gent with the Purdey standing next to him! :whistling:

Nout wrong with that is there? :lol::lol:

I don't see the Tradition and Snobbery connection.

There are plenty of plonkers on a clay ground, and there are some on Pheasant shoots.

I see no problem with tradition in many areas, after all we made a desperate mistake giving women the vote, equal pay, washing machines, letting them drive and walk next to us rather than a few paces behind. :D:D

This is all rubbish

What a way to get the young ones into a sport

I'm 23 and just getting into it

I've just bought a camo semi cause that's what I ******* want and apparently opeople will look down on me

Well **** them

Times change and it's no ******* wonder young people don't want to do **** if they can't do it there own way!!!

Danny!

Times change! Yes! But why would you expect others to accept you on their shoot, using a Gun that is simply not allowed in their rules?

A SxS can be a lot more fun to master than a semi! Is CHEAPER if you shop about! And personally leaves a bigger smile on your face, when you walk away with a few braces.

I am not having a go at Either of you! A semi Auto has it's place, perhaps in a hide on Crows and Pigeons. Or perhaps on Rabbit or a Fox drive. Even Fowling, But I know of NO game shoot that allows a Semi Auto for Pheasant, grouse, Partridge etc.

Game Shooting is not simply popping out to bag a few for the table :no: It's following a tradition "I would go as far as saying CELEBRATING a Tradition!" Taking part in a game shoot is the closest thing you will get to living history!

A SxS is as quinticentially important as the Tweeds and Cheese and Port imho :yes:

Once game shoots accept Semi Auto's, thats the end of the the whole tradition.

For the sake of £100 for a SxS, I think it's worth the investment! You can have hours of fun at the Clay grounds getting your eye in. A buzz when you clatter your first left and.right on the Pigeons. And when your on a Game shoot with it broken over your arm you will look like part of the tradition.

Yes I have a SxS. I am proud of that. Have I hit anything with it? Yes!

The cabinet door! Which dented the stock :lol:

Guess most of these traditional gun snobs still dress in tux for dinner each day and have their man dress them each day!!!!!!

Fact is most shoots try and make it a very nice day out where you can dress up a bit have a nice lunch and bag a few birds, pay your £400ish and even take a brace home to wifey to clean