will i have to sell my guns

jasper3

As it stands, we more than likely will be buying a smallholding soon, now this is going to be one of them barn conversions, so that means living in a static for a year or two,

I will also be buying a lock up sea container , for storage.... would that be acceptable if my gun cab was fixed in there , or is it a case of sell now and buy again when the house is ready to take a cabinet ...

I do hope i can keep them as the place has a wood and the field is full of bunnies

anyone come across a situation like this

Edit..i have a 22LR a 17HMR and a 12bore SG

Edited by jasper3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No different to living on a canal boat.

My mate has his cabinet bolted through his boats 8mm steel rear wall (no idea in boat talk as to what it called)

FEO had no issues so I'd think a static caravan should be Ok - just bolt it flat to the floor through the chassis.

Let us know how you get on eventually.

ATB.

when I was living in a static I looked into going FAC air, was told by north wales police that it was a no no, would issue cert but no chance of storing with me, had to be kept elsewhere, daft thing was they told me SGC would be no problem, brought up the subject of canal barges and they couldn't (or would`nt) answer that one

You'll be OK in a caravan / mobile home. Its written into the home office guidance on firearms licensing.

all well and good saying its in HO guidelines, these are all down to the FEO to come to their own conclusion as to what they mean, best bet is to join basc and see what they say about it, as I see it a shottie in a static is ok but anything more that that is a no go area, I offered to cast a bloody great slab of concrete below my static and bolt thru the floor into it (thereby anchoring the van firmly to the ground) and was still told `no chance`

You might have to concrete a steel post in the ground outside against the caravan with bolts welded to it that go through the wall of caravan into your cabinet. A friend if mine had to do this with his and FEO was more than happy.

If you have any problems speak to BASC that's what they're for, to help.

Figgy

call the welsh firearms dept.they will give you an idea if they allow this and if this is the practice now..i looked into a park home in devon and the police there told me that they have lots of people who own and keep firearms in them.as for the shipping container I have one and it is new for general storage but will say they suffer from damp so not a good place to keep guns I think you would spend a lot of money on one to get the humidity right.