beware the facebook anti

bigfish

Hello all not been on here for a good while but......

If anyone on here is on any hunting /shooting or fishig pages(im on a good few) then just a little heads up

If you search for scum watch you will find a page by some prius driving tree hugger who is putting every members profile on their page and trying to get peeps to troll

As it has only 317ish likes it may be a bit of rubbish but tben again it could be a new page thats just taking off

Andy

Go onto Facebook and type in 'scum watch'. I've checked it out. Some of the 'ladies' who commented on there have used language that I would never use.

Done that, nothing comes up.

EDIT: searched it on google and found something, but I can't do anything. If I click on it it just takes me to my facebook home. I can't get on it through facebook's search.

Edited by Reece

I found it and another called anti watch. They openly state that anyone pro hunting will be deleted and their profile then posted so all other bunnywunnyshrubfondlers can send you unflattering messages.

Reported both to fb for general intolerance.

I reported it weeks ago and nothing happened

Just reported the page to facebook and it seems they're happy with it. Here's the answer I got. :no:

Status This page wasn't removed Details Thank you for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the page you reported for containing credible threat of violence and found it doesn't violate our Community Standards.

Note: If you have an issue with something on the Page, make sure you report the content (e.g. a photo), not the entire Page. That way, your report will be more accurately reviewed.

So insults and threats of personal violence are acceptable to fb

Just reported the page to facebook and it seems they're happy with it. Here's the answer I got. :no:

Status This page wasn't removed Details Thank you for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the page you reported for containing credible threat of violence and found it doesn't violate our Community Standards.

Note: If you have an issue with something on the Page, make sure you report the content (e.g. a photo), not the entire Page. That way, your report will be more accurately reviewed.

So insults and threats of personal violence are acceptable to fb

Depends on the topic

People who hunt and shoot are not liked so an acceptable target

while FB may choose to not remove the entire page, should you find them using a picture you've taken then you can request that they remove the picture. As it is your picture, you control the copyright and usage. If someone lifts a picture you've posted and uses it, then that is unauthorized usage and FB WILL remove that. You can also use your privacy settings within your own FB page (if you have one) to control what others see of you. Currently no one can see anything I put on facebook (or anything that friends of mine tag me in or post of me) except close friends by default.

thanks

rick

Had a look at their "scum watch" page, managed to get halfway then gave it up.

They are a bunch of semi literate foul mouthed bigots, no argument could be put forward that would change their views. Have edited my profile & removed my postal area code and town. They don't bother me but I don't need the sort of garbage they dish out in the name of furry animal kind.

Wonder how they would feel about scaly tails if a loved one contracted Weill's disease & megged it. Probably be ok to poison and trap them (then release at a different location & give someone else a problem) but shooting would be 'cruel'.