Evil bay Case opened against me

Go Go Gadget

Sold a few items on ebay a couple of weeks ago, got positive feedback off all of them exept one Who has opened a case against me claiming that their item isnt working and asking for a refund.

Now i know all the items worked before i sent them so i was just wondering if any of you knew where i would stand if i dont issue a refund ?

thanks

I'd contact the purchaser directly, ask them to return the item and then provide a full refund. Unfortunately you can't leave negative feedback on a purchaser, but they can against you! Best to nip it in the bud and carry on without losing much sleep over it.

+1

Best and only answer

Alan

I'd contact the purchaser directly, ask them to return the item and then provide a full refund. Unfortunately you can't leave negative feedback on a purchaser, but they can against you! Best to nip it in the bud and carry on without losing much sleep over it.

Sound advise.

You could try 'action fraud' they would be interested.

Ebay has a nature of buyers opening cases to end up with a item FREE,describe your item well with lots of pics,send recorded/insured,check their feed back and best of all only take cash on collection,limiting your audience but you have the cash.

Be prepared for lost money or/and a lot of emails back and forth,appeal and get e-bay to watch their account.

Sold a few items on ebay a couple of weeks ago, got positive feedback off all of them exept one Who has opened a case against me claiming that their item isnt working and asking for a refund.

Now i know all the items worked before i sent them so i was just wondering if any of you knew where i would stand if i dont issue a refund ?

thanks

Tell them to send it back first and offer a refund but they basically do this to try it on and shake people down.

Happened to my brother who send some car parts.

Had the same experience with ebay and paypal, as long as they are getting the money they don't give a stuff what happens. Just shows what sort of low life scum are about unfortunately. Gave them a full refund and they still had my item felt mugged, best of luck

Happened to me with a Set of motorbike forks, absolutely nothing wrong with them, buyer who claimed they were faulty wanted money off, although he was miles away I happened to be working locally to him so collected them and gave him his money back, sold them week after no issue

There is a possibility of course that sensitive electronic equipment can be damaged in transit, however well you wrap it.

I would be tempted to take it back and issue a refund on its return. The fact that you say it was working when you sold it is irrelevant to some extent.

I firmly believe you reap what you sow in life and your actions will be repaid many times over.

Conversely this applies to him too if he's taking the proverbial.

I had it with an item I sold worth about £20 and only sold for 99pence. The buyer still tried to claim against me. However I was quiet at work and decided to fight my corner. After 4 weeks of emails between me and eBay they have finally judged the case in my favour.

I was surprised I won but it became a matter of principle to me.

If you can be bothered then fight it

I've had a bad run recently. Three weeks ago I sold an iPhone in full working order (I'd just upgraded). Buyer takes delivery, confirms it is great, then two days later I have a case raised against me as it is "full of scratches". Now, before selling it I had a replacement front and rear screen fitted and there wasn't even a finger mark present. eBay ruled in this ******'s favour and the money was taken back from my account. Phone turned up... broken, wouldn't turn on and had to be sent off for repair. eBay didn't want to know and I lost £50 for the repair.

Two weeks later I receive an email from Paypal saying someone has raised a chargeback against a watch I sold... wait for it... 7 months ago!!! So I have proof it was delivered, an email from the buyer saying thanks and yet he tells his credit card company that someone used his card without authorisation and guess who has money frozen in their Paypal account. No watch and now seven months later no money for it. Disgusting.

I will never sell anything on eBay or via Paypal again unless someone comes to my front door and hands me the cash. That way if they want to try and rip me off they have to come back to my front door and do it to my face.

i had someone buy a car off me sold as collection only and then they asked when i was delivering it ???when i reiterated the add said collection only they never paid.ebay n paypal were chocolate fireguards .didnt do nada about monkeybrains not paying and still charged me fees for a sale that never was.took some sorting just to eventually get the sale cancelled so i could relist the car.now anything i sell doesnt leave till the money clears and its transfered out of paypal cant reverse a sale if no funds in paypal.its full of chancers now.

I've sold a lot of stuff on Ebay with a feedback of over a 1000 and can only think of a couple of occasions when someone has tried it on. A few claims for 'never received' but I always have a receipt from the PO so not a problem. The only time I've been properly ripped off was when I bought something off a Pigeon Watch member.

thanks

id ask for it back, check it works and if it does contact ebay and make a complaint against the purchaser before issuing the refund.

I've sold a lot of stuff on Ebay with a feedback of over a 1000 and can only think of a couple of occasions when someone has tried it on. A few claims for 'never received' but I always have a receipt from the PO so not a problem. The only time I've been properly ripped off was when I bought something off a Pigeon Watch member.

me too, bought a cz .22lr magazine off a member and received and empty envelope with nothing but a tiny piece of cellotape holding the middle shut, apparently it was sent 'well wrapped'

i would just give up as i have just been in the same situation they will favour buyer and you will be stuffed...

i am now left with a broken object ... what can i do with it now ... im mega peed but what can you do i might as well of hit it with a hammer myself and lob £20 in the bin too