Tom Daley

Dekers

In my job I mix with people of all sexualities and believe me it is just like it's the done thing...... Got one girl who simply cannot make her mind up and jumps from one bus to the other on an almost daily basis........

I simply refere to her when I see her as GREEDY...............and she agrees

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand what you are saying here, its really the media that are behind this every newspaper has the story like it's such a rare and amazing thing to have happened....in many ways their forcing tolerance on people but the stupid thing is it seems to have the opposite effect!

That's true. The tolerance fascists lecture us that being gay (or black, disabled, an immigrant or whatever the hobbyhorse of the week happens to be) isn't an issue and we should all just get over it, when its they themselves who make it an issue. Most people really don't care either way.

In any case Daley himself started it. He 'went public' in this rather self-important way. He could have said nothing and got on with it, and said "yeah, and what's your problem?" when he media snapped him hand in hand with his boyfriend.

The Royal family make public announcements (and then not very often), the rest of us should just get on with it. I blame the Facebook mentality.

Dekers,

You surprise me a little, you come across as an intelligent chap, but this comment only makes you seem bigoted and unable to accept diversity, I mean diversity as a bigger picture, genetic, evolutionary diversity, not just social diversity.

Man wouldn't die out, think about it, we have small pockets of diversity in all species on the planet, it doesn't make it abnormal, it just means biologically that homosexual people don't/can't/won't reproduce, there are many species that present homophobic activity, they don't have the stigma attached to it like humans.

Its easy to pretend to not be homophobic, but that comment clearly ring fences you into that very criteria.

I agree that the whole 'slap on the back' thing may seem over the top, but this chap has been under scrutiny for years, the paps following him to see what he's up to....he's had no chance to develop as a young chap (regardless of sexual orientation) without it being documented....so, I can see why he's done this, get there before the Mail does.

There is no such thing as normal, when I worked with people in a clinical setting, some of the 'abnormalities' compared to a bloke or woman being attracted to their own sex would put you in a flat spin.

Live and let live.

Homophobic .... Is that a fear of ... HOMO'S ?

His business, his life and if he is happy let the lad be. All the best to him no matter which way he wishes to live and love in his life, at least now that the matter is public it will be old hat by tomorrow. He can now get on with the things that he thinks are important for him without having the stress of the dilemma, "will I or won't I".

I used to think that "gayness" was a conscious choice and for some who sit on the dividing line it may be a conscious choice, but across the spectrum of human behaviour, there are many variations.

Some may experiment then decide, some may choose one, then after a number of years decide on the other. Some may play on both sides all the way through life.

A very masculine shooting friend of mine whose son is gay said to me that his son had no choice in which was as he called it " the switch was flicked" I thought I was a good point. Who knows if my child may come home in a few years time and say " dad here is my girlfriend or boyfriend".

Live and let live.

Read Claire Balding's book . It's excellent.

I used to think that "gayness" was a conscious choice and for some who sit on the dividing line it may be a conscious choice, but across the spectrum of human behaviour, there are many variations.

Some may experiment then decide, some may choose one, then after a number of years decide on the other. Some may play on both sides all the way through life.

A very masculine shooting friend of mine whose son is gay said to me that his son had no choice in which was as he called it " the switch was flicked" I thought I was a good point. Who knows if my child may come home in a few years time and say " dad here is my girlfriend or boyfriend".

Live and let live.

Read Claire Balding's book . It's excellent.

People have said to me what would I do if my lad was gay.......not fussed aslong as happy .....

His business, his life and if he is happy let the lad be. All the best to him no matter which way he wishes to live and love in his life, at least now that the matter is public it will be old hat by tomorrow. He can now get on with the things that he thinks are important for him without having the stress of the dilemma, "will I or won't I".

Well said, and let's remember that his partner may well benefit too, no doubt the press have been following him around.

He seems like a plonker whatever else he is or isn't

That's a plonker who at a very young age has represented his country and won a medal at the Olympics.

Good on him for setting the record straight about his sexuality,now everyone knows including the press.

That's a plonker who at a very young age has represented his country and won a medal at the Olympics.

Good on him for setting the record straight about his sexuality,now everyone knows including the press.

Many plonkers have achieved great things, they're still plonkers...

He seems like a plonker whatever else he is or isn't

Why exactly is he a plonker?

People have said to me what would I do if my lad was gay.......not fussed aslong as happy .....

Same with me chimp, except I have a daughter. Her happiness is the most important thing to me.

my post was removed, and in my honest opinion I really cant understand why ???

in my line of work I have very good GAY friends, male and female and not once have any of them felt the words I put in my post offensive, EVER,,,

now I am being made to feel like I am in the minority being a married man with 5 children and I am NOT anti gay, I just do not believe people are born that way ,

I will ask my gay friends on Friday ,

one thing THEY don't like is a gay CAMP person as they say it is all an act to attract attention , and believe me or not I totally agree with them,

to the mod who removed my post,,,,

I was NOT being offensive in any way

cheers Evo

But if their were no gay camp people who would serve your in flight meals ?? :)

Unfortunately he is in the spotlight of being a sportsman and a celebrity, as someone has said, some rag somewhere will pap him and this way he controls it.

I agree about overtly camp people I do not see a need for it. Saying that, I don't like public displays of anything including ott kisses and cuddles whatever your persuasion is.