BASC to launch £100,000 legal expenses cover for members

phaedra1106

http://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/basc-to-launch-100000-legal-expenses-cover-for-members/

£100,000 of legal expenses cover for appeals against firearms licensing decisions will be added to the membership insurance package offered by the UK’s largest shooting organisation, the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC), from the 1st March 2014.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said they may go up so dont think its confirmed yet.

Good bit of cover regardless,as long as the fee isnt increased to much.

I ask because when we had this conversation about legal cover it was suggested it would cost £5 on top of membership,it was commented that the fee was already high ,and some would struggle.So if the increase is £5 all they are doing is covering the cost by hiding behind "no increases since 2010" and subsequently some members who already struggle will have to make decisions about which organisation gets their money,and yes i know you can spread the cost,but it still adds up to the final amount per year.

Things are tight for me, but in reality it's a pint and two packets of crisps at a fiver.

I ask because when we had this conversation about legal cover it was suggested it would cost £5 on top of membership,it was commented that the fee was already high ,and some would struggle.So if the increase is £5 all they are doing is covering the cost by hiding behind "no increases since 2010" and subsequently some members who already struggle will have to make decisions about which organisation gets their money,and yes i know you can spread the cost,but it still adds up to the final amount per year.

David, any chance of a change to the joint membership option?, a change from husband + wife or partner to the same as SACS "this includes two related adults or partners living at the same address" would be preferable, well it would for me and my adult son.

At present Family Membership for SACS costs £50.00, for us both to join BASC it would cost £132!, that is a huge difference just for the sake of some wording.

Edited by phaedra1106

It will be included in the membership fee as part of the package from the 1st March 2014.

Membership subs have been held since 2010, thay may go up a bit but not much!

Best wishes

David

Not wishing to appear a pedant but for clarification does this mean that only memberships renewed after 1st March 2014 will include this new cover? Or, does it mean that from 1st March all EXISTING memberships will automatically have their membership cover enhanced? Thank you.

I'm no good at sums but at some where around a 5% increase after three years with a huge benefit thrown in seems excellent value to me.

It'll will hopefully reduce the occasional instances where forces or FEO's make it up as they go along with their instincts or personal agendas instead of complying with law or guidelines.

I'm no good at sums but at some where around a 5% increase after three years with a huge benefit thrown in seems excellent value to me.

It'll will hopefully reduce the occasional instances where forces or FEO's make it up as they go along with their instincts or personal agendas instead of complying with law or guidelines.

Or you could look at other organisations who have the cover in place already for £35 and ask could BASC have covered the cost in the £70 already charged to keep members.