Schuey Critical !

V8 90

Live fast, die young. Off piste skiing can be pretty dangerous stuff, some suggestion that he had an equipment failure but not confirmed yet.

Unfortunately if one lives an adrenalin fuelled lifestyle the odds are in favour of an early demise. Any of us who have done that accepted it at the time.

He was amazingly lucky during his driving career not to have killed himself with his dangerous driving, it always surprised me that he didn't kill anybody else while he was at it! He sure got away with more dirty tricks on and off the track than is allowed these days ;)

It was interesting to see the attitude if the younger drivers on his return to F1, they weren't intimidated by him and in some cases dished out a dose of his own type of medicine to him.

I never liked his self centred driving style, but he did a lot of work for drivers safety and was instrumental in bringing in the safety cell in race cars.

The guy also done a lot for charity, football matches and taking part in other drivers charity events.

I wish him well and a speedy recovery.Terrible time for his family.

Figgy

I stopped going or watching F1 when he retired the 1st time.F1 needs a bad boy,it will never be the same until an new driver with balls comes along.Its starting to get like football,the slightest rough challange and its an inquest.Hope he gets well a truely tragic event.Hamilton looked like he was going to follow in his footsteps but he seems to have gone off.

Edited by Davyo