What Colour Do Use To Search For Fox

Rebel

I started off with red but as time went on and with a change of scope it started using amber. For me the amber gives a better ID out at distance and is less affected in moonlight and the long summer night...

Safety is paramount so for clear ID beyond the quarry I use the amber or sometimes whip the filter off and then take the shot.

On a couple of farms I have started using blue just so I don't keep using the same colour.

TEH

Charlie won't get to lamp shy if you don't keep missing them after all if he is in range he should be dead if not don't squeeze until he is :-)

That's all ok but if you have more than 1 fox in the same field when you're shooting it can make them lampshy. I had a pair last year about 20yds apart and shot 1 but it took me a while to catch up with the other one. Nobody kills every fox they shoot at whether it is in range or not, things can and do go wrong.

Charlie won't get to lamp shy if you don't keep missing them after all if he is in range he should be dead if not don't squeeze until he is :-)

That`s fine if you`re the only person operating in an area,some of us are overun by night thieves with lurchers,resulting in very shy foxes !

Red limits you to about 120 yards usually, fine for rabbits but limiting for foxes. I use green and amber on a 240, both allow positive quarry id out to 280/ 300 yards in ideal conditions.

A

I shot a fox last week with a red LED lamp and it was a measured 228 metres and I could see it perfectly clear.