Eley's Latest Offering

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently there are moves a foot to get Rebel banned as it doesnt promotoe the right image for shooting. And if you were a youngster with a 12b, wouldnt you want to use what all the 'grown ups' are using and not a kids cartridge!

I'm informed that the Amber will be a nice light ladies load in a nice pink case!

AB

I wonder if they are just firsts in a green case and new box?

At least the marketing dept seems to be trying something......

Won't be long now before they launch the Eley OAP cart aka Hull Comp X.......................... (slow as hell and smells funny)

Isn't it terrible that any manufacturer should try and produce something aimed at the younger end of the market. God forbid they attract any youngsters into our sport, that'd be the death of it.

And how many youngsters currently go into a shop and walk out with no cartridges because they do not have any suitable for someone as young as them ?

I cannot see where there is going to be a queue of children begging mum and dad to buy them a gun because someone has made a cartridge with "Rebel" on the box !

How many of you would buy them if it was all your gun shop had left when you needed carts. Think I'd rather have the pink Amber ones than a shot up box of Rebel carts with a seventies hairstyled shooter on the box.

Surly they could have picked a better name and colour than that. Just put a designers nam on them or some x box game name.

Some of the best marketing I've seen for carts lately is Just Cartridges CSP competition, by putting them in a purple case they stand out from the crowd and you certainly notice them in the bins at shoots. Same with black gold and older Eley VIP. The new carts all look alike.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

I work a lot with young shooters, and would not use these purely because of the name "Rebel"

I inform the youngster and parent that Shooting is a discipline, anti social problems in early life can and most will probably prevent you getting a SGC later in life.

Shooting is a life skill.

I can understand Ely wanting to attract youngsters to the Sport and for that they should be applauded, but as the youngsters cannot purchase the Cartridges until the age when they will not want to be seen with "The kids stuff" it seems the marketing side have maybe got this a little wrong

Incidently Nige ,pigeons starting to get on the rape down mill lane .

Harnser.

I thought it wouldn't be long Mick. I'm about at the weekend as is the buoy from Costessey. So we'll have a look and put the spouts in the motor and have a look. Weathers right for a few and a good hoolie.

We can have a roost shoot further north if you're about and they aren't on the rape late on.