Eley's Latest Offering

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember the Eley Realtree cartridges?

I do. Those and these latest offerings suggest a company populated by twenty something marketing graduates who inhabitant the ****tersphere, instead of people who know about shooting, or understand how conservative shooters are. I suspect Eley Kynoch/IMI of old was populated by blokes in brown dust coats with slide rules in their pockets. They'd be turning in their graves at this kind of shallow nonsense. They should have stuck with Grand Prix, Impax, Alphamax etc. In paper cases. Delivered by horse and cart. God Save the King! Harrumph.

Are these truly new or merely a revamped version of an existing cartridge? The very limited information on their web site would seem to indicate that they're possibly the same item apart from the colour of the plastic used.

There is precious little new under the sun.

There is precious little new under the sun.

That's true enough. Possibly cheaper powder and shot, the rest have to be much the same as anything else they make. Any ideas as to how they score for price compared with the rest of their range?

Personally I admire the sentiments behind such products, but i'm confused as to how they thought the new image would be a winner.

As has been said earlier, gormless young advertising "executives" attempting to appeal to today's "yoof". And getting it wrong?

I do. Those and these latest offerings suggest a company populated by twenty something marketing graduates who inhabitant the ####sphere, instead of people who know about shooting, or understand how conservative shooters are. I suspect Eley Kynoch/IMI of old was populated by blokes in brown dust coats with slide rules in their pockets. They'd be turning in their graves at this kind of shallow nonsense. They should have stuck with Grand Prix, Impax, Alphamax etc. In paper cases. Delivered by horse and cart. God Save the King! Harrumph.

Seconded !

I do. Those and these latest offerings suggest a company populated by twenty something marketing graduates who inhabitant the ****tersphere, instead of people who know about shooting, or understand how conservative shooters are. I suspect Eley Kynoch/IMI of old was populated by blokes in brown dust coats with slide rules in their pockets. They'd be turning in their graves at this kind of shallow nonsense. They should have stuck with Grand Prix, Impax, Alphamax etc. In paper cases.

Delivered by horse and cart. God Save the King! Harrumph.

Cracking post BB, sums it up nicely! :good:

Not so sure about the last bit though, my late Father told me of those days! :lol:

Looks like Eley are employing a group of non shooting Nigels fresh out of Marketing School! :no:

I do. Those and these latest offerings suggest a company populated by twenty something marketing graduates who inhabitant the ****tersphere, instead of people who know about shooting, or understand how conservative shooters are. I suspect Eley Kynoch/IMI of old was populated by blokes in brown dust coats with slide rules in their pockets. They'd be turning in their graves at this kind of shallow nonsense. They should have stuck with Grand Prix, Impax, Alphamax etc. In paper cases. Delivered by horse and cart. God Save the King! Harrumph.

Couldn't agree more!

No wonder the market dept is so poorly informed.......

New things to a tired market? IS that why Olympics are being discontinued? Replaced with Rebel and Amber (wonder what they will do if she changes sponsor?)..... I dont know anyone who buys carts on "branding" most on price some on performance, Under 18's can't even buy cartridges....

Ambers and Rebels are not replacing Olympics. The shooting press are already advertising "Olympic Blues" which are replacing both the Olympics and Blues. That's not supposition or guesswork either, I was speaking about this very subject to my cartridge retailer last week and he got on the phone directly to Eley who confirmed the above.

Mr Potter

Judging by the number of Eley Olympics that I have with no shot in them, crushed wads, crushed cases, hard primers, distorted brass heads,poor crimps. If Eley have bothered to read my emails that I have sent to them, but they haven't replied to, and if they have heard me comment whilst shooting Eley Olympics they will now be renaming them ******************

Edited by Beardo

Just shot the new amber cartridges today have to say very impressed with them very good feel to them and my view is if we dont get some youngsters into this sport soon we will have no sport. the future is with new people entering and I say well done to eley and amber hill for trying .

Just shot the new amber cartridges today have to say very impressed with them very good feel to them and my view is if we dont get some youngsters into this sport soon we will have no sport. the future is with new people entering and I say well done to eley and amber hill for trying .

If you are this Clayslayer, you could be biased?

http://www.####.co.uk/showthread.php?150-clayslayer

Have you considered entering politics?