first time in 20 years

shoot and be safe

Well after almost 20 years driving, today a chief inspector of north Wales police caught me holding my mobile phone whilst standing still in a traffic jam.

I held my hands up and received a ticket. £100 & 3 points.

After he issued the ticket, he read me my rights. You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be used in evidence. Have you anything to say?

My response was "don't hit me again officer" :lol:

I know I did wrong but if I am going to be charged £100, I thought lets have some sport :yes: and I did :lol:

Should have told him to go catch child molesters, bank robbers and real criminals. Now you think you have paid up and its sorted wait until you get your insurance renewal through.

I want to get stopped by a nice female officer, when she say anything you say will be taken down and held against you I will tell her knickers haha

Edited by ayano3

But just think that £100 could have got you a half decent hand's free kit.

Or a bike....where it's perfectly ok to be riding along using your 'phone.

You have to ask yourself, what's more dangerous...being on the 'phone stationary in traffic, or on the 'phone cycling in traffic (one handed probably)?

Then ask yourself which offence is (much) easier to enforce, makes a few quid for the treasury and gives your crime stats a nice little boost to boot.

Lazy law making makes for lazy policing. As long as it makes for good fiscal and statistical practice it's ok though!!

Well after almost 20 years driving, today a chief inspector of north Wales police caught me holding my mobile phone whilst standing still in a traffic jam.

I held my hands up and received a ticket. £100 & 3 points.

After he issued the ticket, he read me my rights. You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be used in evidence. Have you anything to say?

My response was "don't hit me again officer" :lol:

I know I did wrong but if I am going to be charged £100, I thought lets have some sport :yes: and I did :lol:

Lol

Did he have a big truncheon?

To be honest with you, if it wasn't for the fact that I had a bus full of passengers, I would of had a lot more fun and got my moneys worth. But as I was 1/2 hour behind schedule, I thought best get it over and done with asap.

The attitude test didn't work and I got a ticket. My owned fault, and I was holding my mobile (holding not using).

To be honest with you, if it wasn't for the fact that I had a bus full of passengers, I would of had a lot more fun and got my moneys worth. But as I was 1/2 hour behind schedule, I thought best get it over and done with asap.

So you was posting on pigeon watch at the time and not phoning anyone, that's surely not an offence is it ?

The attitude test didn't work and I got a ticket. My owned fault, and I was holding my mobile (holding not using).

Edited by ayano3

in order that I dont get caught I have removed the hands free kit from my car and have taken to practicing only using the phone whilst on my bike, using one hand to brake steer and ring the bell at inconsiderate drivers is taking some getting used to, but its worth the effort to see the angst on indignant drivers faces.

KW

So you was posting on pigeon watch at the time and not phoning anyone, that's surely not an offence is it ?

Guilty as charged :/ dam the "Christmas 3 word story" (11:52) got the tug @ 11:54

I even read the house rules last night to see if I could blame PW. No such luck, far to many disclaimers :( :lol:

Holding the phone and not using it, thats not fair is it :exclamation:

What if you were holding something else ??? could be anything,,, a tube of toothpaste, :no: (no not toothpaste, could have been some explosive, could have ended up allot worse)

maybe an "apple", no :no: not that either you could have been done for trolling the www, or eating whilst watching the traffic lights.

Or maybe picking your nose, your obviously not concentrating on the road with a finger shuved up you nose.

Or putting your lippy on. :yes::yes: that would be a good one

No as you say Guilty no escape, gallows in the morning.

I have just been having a chat to a chap in the pub who had the same thing happen to him last year whilst driving a tractor. 3 points and a fine, then a few weeks later a court summons to explain himself to the traffic commissioner (VOSA) as he held a hgv licence.

Ended up losing his hgv licence for 2 weeks. Punished twice for the same offence :no: not good.

I am now expecting the same as I have hgv & pcv licences, plus I was in charge of a bus carrying passengers at the time of the infringement :sad1:

Looking for a positive out of this, 2week ban equals 2 week holiday :whistling: bonus :yahoo:

I was driving in London the other month, car in front kept swerving, pulled alongside at the lights, driver was steering car with his knees whilst texting on 2 phones!!!!

Then a cyclist went past on the cycle lane with no hands on the bars and holding a phone while texting, she went straight through the red lights... only wish I had my cctv working.

Was no drivers awareness course offered?

They only offer that for speeding offence in North Wales as far as I am aware, plus I was issued a fixed penalty notice on the spot.

I believe the drivers awareness course is only offered if you get court by the camera van and receive a letter of intended prosecution.

They only offer that for speeding offence in North Wales as far as I am aware, plus I was issued a fixed penalty notice on the spot.

I believe the drivers awareness course is only offered if you get court by the camera van and receive a letter of intended prosecution.

I can only speak for the midlands and south yorkshire area but both times i was caught (one mobile phone the other speeding) i was pulled by a police car and said the option will come in the post. They took my details then i was allowed to go. Around 6 weeks later i had letters with the choice of drivers awareness or to take the points.

I have been told by a few people in my situation that the traffic commissioner will want me to attend a court hearing to explain myself. :(

With this in mind, if I accept the 3points and fine, it goes down as admission of guilt.

So off to court already convicted to receive more punishment. :sad1:

I have spoken to Mr Loophole, and as I admitted using my mobile I would be wasting my money.

All told, fines, increased insurance, 2 weeks (minimum) forced holiday. I am looking at the best part of £2000. :cry1:

Is it just me here who feels uneasy that the driver of a bus half full of passengers is using his phone when driving.

You are a professional driver and the fact that you were not aware the police were watching you confirms your appear to have been distracted.

As already said, you have took your £100 dose of medicine without whingeing. Expensive lesson learned

you could possibly change your forum name to 'drive and be safe' and mention in court you have seen the light and are now trying to change other drivers perceptions and increase awareness and hope he believe it? haha

Don't forget to tell the Court that you got that advice from Mentalmac on the Internet, I'm sure it will help. :good::lol::lol: