What's this? Found on permission

Cosd

Its a ruminant - no incisors - without details it could be a dead hind - longish neck points firmly in this direction, sheep have shorter necks so I'll go with deer. Hips look like it too. 80 % its a deer - minus leg.

Edited by Kes

I took this photo and forwarded to my shooting buddy cosd to put up.

There are no sheep in the area as far as I'm aware.the photo was taken on the edge of a rape field.

I came across it at first light whilst checking out where to set up, my lab was beside me when I took the pic,

He was licking his lips thinking all his birthdays had come at once.

It's almost certainly some breed of sheep as it is definitely not a roe as they have smaller features, shorter skulls and the cranium is quite rounded, it isn't a fallow either as they have quite obvious holes in front of the eye sockets. I don't have a red or sika skull but I imagine they won't be too different from the fallow. It looks very sheepish to me anyway.

BTW as far as I know all mammals have the same number of neck vertebrae.

It's almost certainly some breed of sheep as it is definitely not a roe as they have smaller features, shorter skulls and the cranium is quite rounded, it isn't a fallow either as they have quite obvious holes in front of the eye sockets. I don't have a red or sika skull but I imagine they won't be too different from the fallow. It looks very sheepish to me anyway.

BTW as far as I know all mammals have the same number of neck vertebrae.

I thought that as the giraffe has the same number of neck vertebrae as us, just each is longer (that's just pub quiz type knowledge though). The right answer is its a skeleton of a ruminant the rest of the puzzle is unknown without close inspection and knowledge of local area, cant realy see it being a sheep due to being found at the side of a rape field so I guess a deer. Hands on no doubt I could sex and age it but in the photo not even 100% sure its not an escaped wallaby LOL