shooting out 4 x4

babs2020

Far to much reliance on using a wagon to get your quarry.....as time goes on less and less land can be driven on with the steward ships, gates and barriers are getting the norm....then the fox nips through the hedge into the next field and you are stuffed...

On foot is far quieter and you can cut across a field jump the ditch and you are on the shot...

In our rough shooting, deer stalking, wild fowling, pigeon shooting, driven game, roost shooting we walk so why should you want to drive when lamping?

TEH

Normally walk but at harvest is nice to drive the stubbles,rabbits dont run,as to them its just another tractor.Dont get me wrong nothings better and more enjoyable as on foot but when the stubbles there my farmer gives me the freedom to drive plus I can get a couple of farms covered in one night.

hi guys what sort of things do you use when shooting out of your truck to keep rifle steady and stop scratching the inside of the wife's door plastics she says if i don't going to have to start walking around my permission

Ever thought of getting a new wife who cared a little less? Besides if you fix one problem they only find another - its what they are born to do! LOL

Far to much reliance on using a wagon to get your quarry.....as time goes on less and less land can be driven on with the steward ships, gates and barriers are getting the norm....then the fox nips through the hedge into the next field and you are stuffed...

On foot is far quieter and you can cut across a field jump the ditch and you are on the shot...

In our rough shooting, deer stalking, wild fowling, pigeon shooting, driven game, roost shooting we walk so why should you want to drive when lamping?

TEH

Shoe leather and quad sticks are the way forward :good:

When you gonna start selling the 'sticks' :whistling:

TEH

That's assuming the OP is talking about foxing. The question could have been asked with shooting large numbers of rabbits, which would be a pretty exhausting exercise if they were to be picked up without a vehicle.

That's assuming the OP is talking about foxing. The question could have been asked with shooting large numbers of rabbits, which would be a pretty exhausting exercise if they were to be picked up without a vehicle.

There was no mention of any quarry...just using a 4x4 and I will stick to my original statement.....whether it is a rabbit or a fox....

I was taught never to assume.....

TEH