Which Watch?

phil123

I would avoid bottom end Tag myself, for that kind of money Tissot are a fair bet, superbly made and styles to suit broad tastes, if you could stretch a bit more then Longines would be my choice.

I've a Tag F1 that I bought for £900 6 yrs ago and I love it and it looks just as nice now (to me) as it did new and by the looks of it the can be picked up for around £500 now http://www.tagexchange.co.uk/Sold-Chronographs/TAG-HEUER-MENS-F1-CHRONOTIMER-CAC111D-2.html . Two years ago I bought a Breitling superocean abyss and tbh I ended up selling it as I wore the Tag more and it just didn't feel like it should have cost the 2k it did.

get a casio digital watch from the market stall for around a £1 and spend the other £499 on carts,, :lol::lol: :lol:

well that's what I would do,,as I use my phone for the time,,cant wear a watch as they are a pain

atb Evo

Do you want a classic time piece which will be an investment or a modern great big thing with loads of knobs and dials which will only depreciate? If the former let me know because I could probably advise you but not the latter as I know nothing about modern watches. However If you just want a watch that will keep excellent time and probably one you can wear in the shower go to Argos and spend about £40. It will do the job for a few years. But as you may have guessed, I would recommend if you want to spend £500 go for a classic mechanical automatic. It won't keep such good time as the £40 electronic Argos job but it will be nice to wear and money in the bank. (If you buy sensibly)

Hope that helps

Edited by birdsallpl

For that kind of money I would say a new TW Steel. Nice watches. Alternatively look for a decent second hand watch. I bought an Omega Seamaster new 11 years ago. I think the price then was £1050. Now if you were to buy it new it's £2500. It's an automatic and keeps very good time considering its mechanical and used every day.

Jonathan