Useful things to keep in your shooting bag

aris

Aside from a knife and maybe a pen, what do you find useful to keep in your shooting bag? I've got a few - here is what I find useful:

Pocket screwdriver

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanley-66-344-Multi-bit-pocket-screwdriver-Mixed-Screwdriver-set-/151362904095

wYMPd8I.png

Precision oiler - safely transport and place tint blobs of oil in the right place

http://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d00450/precision-oiler/dp/TL11246?in_merch=Products%20From%20This%20Range&MER=e-bb45-00001003

GDdW7E9.png

Clipboard - for scoring your clays (annoying when there isn't one at your shooting ground)

I have one of these - can't go wrong at this price!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0058HJ4JS/

5YN0RJF.png

Telescoping magnet. Useful for picking up empty cartridges if you are that way inclined

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-2-2Kg-Magnetic-Pick-Tool/dp/B001MJ0JVS/

E9qGHYzl.jpg

i have three bags for different uses and try and keep them as minimal as possible while still having all i need

apart from the obvious carts my clay bag has ear defenders,spare batteries for defenders, glasses, a few packs of foam ear plugs as its suprising how many times ive given them to people who dont have them and a choke key... dont seem to get to use this bag often enough these days though

my hunting bag which is an old holdall i bought years ago and is perfect for my needs now as its bi enough for all my bits but small enough to sit inthe hide has space for a slab of carts, hat, gloves, face net, calls, knife, sun glasses, monocular, again a few packs of foam ear plugs and most imortantly toilet roll... long days in a field in the middle of no where it does get used from time to time

wildfowling bag due to the distance i carry it is as minimal as possible. it has a plastic case with 25 carts in, hat, gloves, knife, calls, flask, hand warmer a waterproof phone case that i can keep license, wildfowling club membership card money and phone in, a monocular and again toilet roll

Toilet roll seems to be favourite and I totally agree. :good:

In my youth there was a poem we used to recite :blush: .

In days of Old

when knights were bold

and paper was not invented

they wiped there ****

on blades of grass

and when away contented.

Not in these modern day :whistling: .

In addition to various of the other things mentioned, I carry a "Rapid Rod' (from Brownells) folding rod. I bought this after having a wad left in the barrel (fortunately made very obvious by the 'pop' discharge) - and having to borrow a rod to push it out. The Rapid Rod is flimsier than ideal, but is very small and light. It would easily manage an accidental snow/mud plug, but might struggle with a stuck wad. If anyone knows of a stronger one that is as small and light ......

Edited by JohnfromUK

Food and water.

Polarized sun glasses when shooting pigeons in summer

A small plastic bag for empty cartridges.

And during the season I always keep a couple of heavy 3" or 3 1/2" cartridges, you never know when Charlie might show up or where them big Canadian or Greglag at fighting to

A small plastic bag for empty cartridges.

And during the season I always keep a couple of heavy 3" or 3 1/2" cartridges, you never know when Charlie might show up or where them big Canadian or Greglag at fighting to

forgot the bags, i use recycle bags as their free :)

i also keep a couple of 50gramms in just in case

Toilet roll seems to be favourite and I totally agree. :good:

In my youth there was a poem we used to recite :blush: .

In days of Old

when knights were bold

and paper was not invented

they wiped there ****

on blades of grass

and when away contented.

Not in these modern day :whistling: .

Not after 8 pints of Guinness and a lamb madras the night before either :lol::oops:

I dont know what it is but when im out shooting, dont know if its the fresh air, but i just need to drop stuff off in the countryside. So 1/2 a roll of Andrex squashed and shoved in your pocket i think is the most important piece of kit you need.

It also doubles up as a lense cloth for foggy scopes, you can leave a trail through the woods so you can find your way back out, you could lay it out in the field to spell out "HELP" if you were in need of emergency assistance.

And a multii tool,

those are the only things you will really ever need :good:

I dont know what it is but when im out shooting, dont know if its the fresh air, but i just need to drop stuff off in the countryside. So 1/2 a roll of Andrex squashed and shoved in your pocket i think is the most important piece of kit you need.

It also doubles up as a lense cloth for foggy scopes,

Don't your lenses get smeared in ****?