Driving Theory Test

chrisjpainter

For a giggle I thought I'd do a practice theory test to see how sharp I am and whether I'd pass it today. Apparently it's got harder since I passed (over 10 years ago).

Anyone else brave enough to have a go?

http://www.safedrivingforlife.info/learners/i-want-drive/car-practice-theory-tests

Pass mark is 43 out of 50.

I got 44 for test 1 and 46 for test 2, which is better than I got when I passed my test!

45 for test 1, not too shabby I suppose.

I failed on the trailer speeds (I thought it was 50 not 60 on the motorway), a couple of arm signals (zebra and left) and didn't realise a blind stick with a red band meant the person was deaf as well.

Edited by MartynGT4

I didn't do theory for car test but had to for bike as much later, got into test centre and it was packed, did my test and went to leave but noticed everyone was still in there! Suspect it was their big crack at a license of any type but I was an experienced road user so I flew through and they were really taking it seriously and slowly

It is worth knowing that for the real test you can have the questions read to you. For some that is a real help - one of the girls is dyslexic and took 5 goes, seemingly get time worse as she tends to panic. Passed though first time she opted to have the questions read out. OTOH my son took his theory after only one driving lesson and passed both parts with nearly full marks.

Nick