District Councillor makes shocking comments re. Gamedealers death

tomov

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't find the thread on this, so perhaps one of the mods could combine this. Just sent my official complaint to Ryedale DC

I wish to lodge an official complaint pertaining to counsellor Tommy Woodward's disgusting and abhorrent comments on Facebook and carried in the national press pertaining to an unfortunate event where Mr. Ellis, a former Scots Guard took his own life. To mock someone like Woodward has done is inhuman and certainly not behaviour becoming of a councillor. By mere fact of Woodward still representing Ryedale DC is abhorrent and I question by this fact if RyeDale DC condone these remarks by one of their counsellors?

I expect a professional standing and behaviour inside and outside, including private lives of those in office, Woodward's comments fall somewhere between inhuman and depraved. I am left appalled by Woodward's comments as even the most challenged individual would know there is no reasonable expectation to privacy on Facebook. I expect for my complaint to be given proper consideration and welcome your reply as to disciplinary action against counsellor Tommy Woodward.

I hope more will submit a formal complaint to Ryedale DC.

Thank you very much. I did try and search for the link. However, IMHO this should be a top thread and the pressure on Woodward and his comments unrelenting, until such time a proper and sincere apology has been made and he steps down from his position as councillor. I went on Ryedale DC website and was able to search under the different councillors and seen his B and B business listed. I could never stay anywhere where someone holds extremist and abhorrent views.

For those that may not have registered their complaint to Ryedale DC I urge you to do so.

His B and B has 174 Trip Advisor ratings. 172 excellent, 1 very good and 1 poor.

The poor rating was posted yesterday by a new member:-

x.gif Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We were guests of Tommy and Debbie last month and whilst the location lived up to expectations the experience overall was terrible. It was pretty obvious that guests are seen to be encroaching on this couple's space.

Simple requests for assistance were met with huffs and puffs and when my wife complained one morning about the sausages being undercooked they were swept away with no apology and no substitution.

Literally this was the most awkward and overpriced stay we've ever experienced.

If you aren't interested in spending anytime in the B&B you'll be fine (although expensive) but if you like a warm friendly service you won't get it here.

• Stayed November 2014
    • x.gif Value
    • x.gif Location
    • x.gif Rooms
    • x.gif Cleanliness
    • x.gif Service
Less x.gif
Was this review helpful? Yes 24
Problem with this review? gray_flag.png
Ask James19722 about Ashfield House Luxury B&B

The review has 25 helpful votes
It is probably just a co-incidence, that this follows his outburst on Facebook.
Edited by Gordon R

I notice that at the bottom of the Daily Mail article :

Ryedale Council leader Linda Cowling said there had been numerous complaints that would trigger an investigation.

I think the volume of excrement hitting the air circulation machinery in this man's vicinity went even higher !

Well done to all others who have complained. As others have said, let's keep it genuine.

I know you are all sensible people but please be careful. Any posts made on trip advisor that cannot be supported with 100 % truth will only do our cause in bad light. Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but don't want anyone ruining the work others have done to expose this person

:good:

birdsallpl - I hear what you say.

I am a Trip Advisor Top Contributor and would not dream of posting anything but the truth. That said, I suspect that his Trip Advisor rating will take a hammering. I also suspect that he will be getting many bookings which fall through.

I do not condone such actions, but I fear they are a consequence of what he has started.

birdsallpl - I hear what you say.

I am a Trip Advisor Top Contributor and would not dream of posting anything but the truth. That said, I suspect that his Trip Advisor rating will take a hammering. I also suspect that he will be getting many bookings which fall through.

I do not condone such actions, but I fear they are a consequence of what he has started.

And I for one will not lose any sleep about it