Ched Evans..What are your thoughts.

Fisherman Mike

He's been found guilty of rape. until his appeal he is a convicted rapist. The lines in the press about "if he was an electrician it would be different " are spot on. I wouldn't pay £18 to watch an electrician work along with a few thousand others.

His dumb girlfriend does him no favours.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she walked in steady enough,seen the vid, and the other chap was accused, he got off, so work that out

kw

That's where i am confused, did she then drink more in the room? Did she consent with the first guy?

Edited by keg

Would you say that if he raped a child or a pensioner or is it because his victim was a woman who some say was asking for it.

If it was a child or a pensioner involved, he would still be inside. The jury found him guilty, so the judge had to give him a gaol sentence, but the shortness of the sentence suggests to me that the judge was not completely convinced by the evidence.

history is full of cases of found guilty then proved not.

KW

With due respect, I think you'll find the exact opposite is also true.

A bit early for dumb quotes of the year, but should still be in the running. :whistling::whistling: :whistling:

Do we actually need to wait for the rest of the year? :hmm:

Was there not a goalkeeper? a couple of seasons ago that wiped out a family while driving home drunk?

I'm sure he is back playing fooball agan.Chester area i think?

Both are massive things to live with but when u add drink into the mix, its just 1 off those things that could happen. 1 very bad stupid decision that wil ruin ur's and our folks lives. Does not atuomatically make them bad people

I would imagine the majority on here have lost memory when younger and drunk, done stupid things, woke up next to someone the next morning with no recollection of anything.

Do u think u could defend urself if an allegation was made against uby any bird u copped off with.

I feel sorry for the youngsters now with all these mobile phones cameras and the internet, in the old days when u done something stupid u had to actually see it or the photo itself, now it can be over the net instantly and be there forever

"I would imagine the majority on here have lost memory when younger and drunk, done stupid things, woke up next to someone the next morning with no recollection of anything".

I can honestly say that has one thing i have never done.

As to the second point:-

"Do u think u could defend urself if an allegation was made against uby any bird u copped off with"

Yes i can but ultimately it is one person's word against another without any supporting evidence.

Keg can I ask is everything always black and white, is there never any grey areas?. I don't condone rape in anyway, it's just something doesn't hold true with this incident for me. I don't know I could be wide of the mark and the bloke needs stringing up while an army of women activists take turns thrashing his nuts with a bunch of nettles and brambles.

The thing I struggle with in this case is the concept that a drunk woman can't consent to sex because of the very fact that she is too drunk. So any time you have sex with a drunk woman you are at risk of a rape charge.

So what happens if a bloke is too drunk to realise that the woman he is having sex with, and who is vigourously encouraging him, is too drunk to have consented. Does the law protect him regarding his poor drunken decision making?

Nope it doesn't. He needs to wait to see how she feels about it in the morning.

Edited by paul65

The thing I struggle with in this case is the concept that a drunk woman can't consent to sex because of the very fact that she is too drunk. So any time you have sex with a drunk woman you are at risk of a rape charge.

So what happens if a bloke is too drunk to realise that the woman he is having sex with, and who is vigourously encouraging him, is too drunk to have consented. Does the law protect him regarding his poor drunken decision making?

Yes. The law has changed - massively - in the last 30 years.

These days, if a woman is too drunk to give 'informed consent', then it is rape. End of story. No arguments, no excuses.

I'll ask the question. For anyone here, would anything from your past (student days, etc), that was looked at under the current law, would you feel entirely comfortable that it wasn't rape ?

Keg can I ask is everything always black and white, is there never any grey areas?. I don't condone rape in anyway, it's just something doesn't hold true with this incident for me. I don't know I could be wide of the mark and the bloke needs stringing up while an army of women activists take turns thrashing his nuts with a bunch of nettles and brambles.

Far from it Pegleg, there are many shades of grey in between. I was only answering the questions posed by a previous poster and again by robbiep.

Take the current crop of celebrities and operation Yewtree. There is a huge difference between Saville and Stuart Hall and their behaviour compared with a DJ squeezing a boob or bum. Both are wrong but as you say there are shades of grey.

For what it is worth, my opinion is that he has been convicted, sentenced, come out and should be allowed to get on with his life. Is he in the same place as a serial rapist who attacks women on a regular basis. No, and he is unlikely to re-offend. Does the law view the serial rapist and the likes of this fellow the same?

I am not and never have been a big drinker so have always been fully in control when in intimate situations in the past, hence my earlier answers.

Hope this clarifies my post and views.

Sadly, if the girl complains, yes you are. No, the law does not protect the male. Should we have a law of anonymity on both sides until conviction? Should this apply to cases of sexual abuse as well?

Whole new thread and a long long debate. There have been a few cases where false allegations of both types i have mentioned have ruined careers/lives/marriages and have been proved false after the event.

your a sad man Gordon

Winston72 - if you post comments which cast grave doubt on your suitability to hold any type of firearms certificate, expect a gentle ribbing. If you can't stand the heat, you need to get out more.

I presume your comments were made in jest - at least I hope so.

Happy New Year. :whistling::whistling: :whistling:

Sadly, if the girl complains, yes you are. No, the law does not protect the male. Should we have a law of anonymity on both sides until conviction? Should this apply to cases of sexual abuse as well?

Whole new thread and a long long debate. There have been a few cases where false allegations of both types i have mentioned have ruined careers/lives/marriages and have been proved false after the event.

One of the girls in my office used to work at Sunderland football club( not her fault I suppose) and she has told me about "events" with footballers and their shall we say female fans we have talked at length about this case, and lets just say she is well on the side of Mr Evans.

KW

Edited by kdubya

One of the girls in my office used to work at Sunderland football club( not her fault I suppose) and she has told me about "events" with footballers and their shall we say female fans we have talked at length to about this case, and lets just say she is well on the side of Mr Evans.

KW

Would not disagree KW, you only have to visit certain bars in any city and there will be a collection of girls wanting to snare a "celeb" or footballer.