Favourite Bird..

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following and enjoying this post and it is quite evident that us shooter also enjoy and respect the wildlife in our countryside.I always keep in the 4x4 (mate calls it the mobile library ) various books from bird books to mammals and trees to plants and fungi and insects.

So please feel free to remove moderators as i didn't put it in the sales section but felt it would be appreciated more here. I want to give away a brand new Handbook of British Birds,preferably to someone who has a young child who has an interest in wildlife.Please don't slag me off as this is a RSPB book so sorry if I offend anybody but it is a good illustrated book that some child might enjoy.

Just drop a PM if you have & little boy or girl who would like it.1st PM will get it sent on Friday.

Dave

Forgot to add,don't want any postage,just put a couple quid in a charity box of your choice.

Tab

Dave

post-30855-0-62147400-1421193033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

Been following and enjoying this post and it is quite evident that us shooter also enjoy and respect the wildlife in our countryside.I always keep in the 4x4 (mate calls it the mobile library ) various books from bird books to mammals and trees to plants and fungi and insects.

So please feel free to remove moderators as i didn't put it in the sales section but felt it would be appreciated more here. I want to give away a brand new Handbook of British Birds,preferably to someone who has a young child who has an interest in wildlife.Please don't slag me off as this is a RSPB book so sorry if I offend anybody but it is a good illustrated book that some child might enjoy.

Just drop a PM if you have & little boy or girl who would like it.1st PM will get it sent on Friday.

Dave

Forgot to add,don't want any postage,just put a couple quid in a charity box of your choice.

Tab

Dave

I'm a member of the RSPB and also the BTO and regularly shoot with an Officer of The BTO so there's no need to feel compromised.

Its a shame more shooter don't swell the ranks...there are quite a few bird enthusiasts that shoot.

We could all work together to preserve what we both adore.

I'm a member of the RSPB and also the BTO and regularly shoot with an Officer of The BTO so there's no need to feel compromised.

Its a shame more shooter don't swell the ranks...there are quite a few bird enthusiasts that shoot.

We could all work together to preserve what we both adore.

Thanks mate,I have been a member all my life and I agree,but there is a minority who hate anybody who shoots supporting the RSPB,but I was a member Long before I started shooting and if I had to give up one then shooting would lose.But oddly I have never met an ornithologist who hates shooters other than the obvious killing of protected species and a lot of them actually have a understanding of the general licence as well.

Dave

Edited by Davyo

Thanks mate,I have been a member all my life and I agree,but there is a minority who hate anybody who shoots supporting the RSPB,but I was a member Long before I started shooting and if I had to give up one then shooting would lose.But oddly I have never met an ornithologist who hates shooters other than the obvious killing of protected species and a lot of them have a understanding of the general licence as well.

Dave

Indeed...the last shotgun I bought was in fact from a senior member of the BTO. :yes:

For birdsong its got to be the blackbird sitting at the top of a tree singing as if his life depends on it , in the garden the lowly sparrow I never get tired of watching there antics, any bird of prey especially a sparowhawk youv, e just got to admire their tenacity

Looked out the window about half an hour ago and had a great spotted woodpecker on the fat ball feeder, couple of robins and plenty of tits fnar fnar!

I'm actually really pleased as its the first woodpecker I've seen in the garden since I moved in 5 years ago!

Edit: Now a pair of nuthatch, so it's been a good morning as I've seen my three favourites!

Edited by Muddy Funker