Gunsmith in norfolk

NorfolkAYA

sorry ...dont rate webster.....try Richardsons in Halesworth.....open late on a friday night......dont trip over the dogs !

webster is alright on plastic rifles and shotguns..............dont let him anywhere near proper wood

Edited by ditchman

The last job that Phil did for me was to shorten the stock on my Browning Ultra XS Prestige with adjustable comb - the job he did on it bearing in mind the additional work involved (adjustable comb) was not only done for a very good price but I could not tell the difference between the before and after shortening as far we the finish goes - I'm extremely happy with the work that he does as well as the way he treats his customers, a true gent IMHO. I'm working away in the UAE at the moment but if I was at home I'd post up some pics of the work he's done so that you can judge for yourself :-)

Fat_jay

I repair/alter 100 guns a month and although I cannot remember every repair I cannot recall doing the repair you have posted pictures of. Whenever I repair the head of a shotgun stock I pin and glue the break. The

picture doesn't show any type of stainless pins that I use. If this is a repair that I did do why would you have not come back to me to speak about the repair???

I carry out repairs for 4 other gunshops in Norfolk as well as three of the largest shooting estates in the country as well as dozens of regular shooting estates. I am a recommended fitter of the isis recoil reducers and

repair /alter approx. 1300 guns a year

Philip

Ditchman

I would be very interested to find out the reasoning behind your quote 'don't let him anywhere near proper wood' ???

Philip has asked me to explain myself...............

When i made that post it WAS WITHOUT MALICE.......i have spoken to him on a couple of occasions for quotes, for work on my shotguns....he was mid-range in price and at the time i believe he was moving to a bigger workshop and the waiting time for the alt's to my gun would have been 7-8weeks min.

I have a friend who i shoot with, and for his carts and his rifle bits and pieces will go nowhere else except Philip webster's

Whilst talking to various people Philips name came up as a result of doing a "cast" to a stock, i was told he uses heat lamp to do the work and on this occasion the customer was not happy with the work done...........

I have NO personal issue with Philp Webster...i have never used him....and making the post that i did was a result of hearing what had been said by others

I hope this clears up the enquiry that Philip Webster has made,