Older parents

ack-ack

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my first 2 in my early 20s, pressure of work and the ridiculous interest rates of the 80s meant I worked silly hours and rarely saw them or their mum. Wrecked marriage. Got a great relationship with them now though,they're 34 and 31. Now I've got a son of 10 as well and I won't make the same mistakes as last time. Ok, when I'm 70 he'll be 24 but in the meantime life is wonderful.

I was 21 for the eldest and 23 for the youngest.

My wife's old school friend was 42 when she dropped another.

Each to their own, it happens when it happens or it don't.dont sweat it. I have less energy now but am a lot more tolerant so pluses for both old and young parenting.

My first daughter was born when I was 21 and my second at 23.

So they have now been off my hands for a good few years so to speak .

I am pleased I got it done with young and Mrs Fenboy and myself can now do as we please.

A chap I work with has just recently become a father again at the age of 56 , bloody nightmare if you ask me !

Edited by fenboy

Ras-pect in da house! Good darts chap.

Dunno, it's a bit council estate :lol:

Wife 26 for the 1st and I was 29. We were the youngest parents in the school year.

We stopped on the 3rd, she was 31 and I was 34.

I'm now 42 and I have to say I don't have the energy for any more, and quite literally :lol:

Edited by Mungler

I was 21 for the eldest and 23 for the youngest.

My wife's old school friend was 42 when she dropped another.

Each to their own, it happens when it happens or it don't.dont sweat it. I have less energy now but am a lot more tolerant so pluses for both old and young parenting.

Quite a few lasses seem to have an additional kid late but i wonder how many have their first late?

(That hand cream is the nuts by the way, i have converted a cynic at work)

Probably thinking ahead to parents evening and people saying what lovely grandchildren you have

Hadn't thought of that!

My former boss was an old looking forty year old dating a young looking 25 yr old. They were shopping and she was holding up clothes for his opinion. An old lass looked on and ssid 'gaw, they grow up so fast dont they'. He was really put out, more so as he retold the sequence of events and every body cracked up.