Recommend me a book

fat_jay

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catch 22 :lol: Major Major reminds me of my boss :lol: I couldn't put it down once I started, I've had to replace it once already as the first copy fell apart. in my opinion one of the greatest books in the world. also "closing time" the follow up to catch 22.

I can lend you some james lee burke if you want, another good writer, one of his books "in the electric mist" was made into a film a few years back. crime drama stuff.

Edited by Paddy Galore!

Tess Gerristsen "The Surgeon" is a good book if you like Detective thrillers teamed with a Forensic Pathologist.

Met Tess Gerritsen last week. She's really interesting to chat to. My wife is a massive fan and we had her sign a book and stuff.

I'm in the middle of going through Lee Child's Jack Reacher books. Really enjoying them, I usually stick with military themed or autobiography style stuff.

Humour = 'Puckoon' (but only if it's a short break) 'The Moon's a Balloon'. 'Witches Abroad'. 'Guards! Guards! Guards!' .'Good Omens'.

Western = Gone to Texas. Shane.

Crime = Any Ed McBain or Joseph Wambaugh. Silence of the Lambs.

War = Piece of Cake. War Story. Fields of Fire. The One Who Got Away. Band of Brothers. Catch 22. Any Lyn McDonald book. Mentioned in Despatches. Goshawk Squadron. The War the Infantry Knew. The Second Lieutenant.