keg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prove. :whistling:

You beat me to it poontang :lol::lol::lol:

It's always a dangerous stance when you start to criticise someone else's grammar and punctuation. It means yours has to be beyond reproach.

To the subject in question, although May's skills as a guitarist are highly thought of in general, I've always thought his 'sound' came across as slightly... constipated, for want of a better word.

I would like to see him go head to head with Steve Stevens.

Edited by Doc Holliday

...and some lessons.

Certainly got a recognisable tone, but take away the delay and echo and he's pretty average.

But the delay and echo or whatever effects he puts in is part of the make up of his sound. With electric guitar especially the effects and amp are as much a part of the instrument as anything else and how the guitarist uses all of those is part of his craft.

The Edge is like that too, he plays fairly simply really, but the way he uses his effects is part of his sound and makes him sound much bigger than his playing actually is.

As a side note I really don't get the fascination that so many have with trying to measure up one guitarist against another. There is so much to a guitarists sound and tone that they can't be measured against anybody else.

I think that so many people get obsessed with speed and the ability to shred, but consider Dave Gilmour he never shreds, but he plays everything with the most subtle vibrato, the way he plays has huge feeling and soul, he is very melodic. How could you compare that to someone like Dimebag Darrell with his raw pentatonic shredding?

Both iconic players and guitar legends, but so different.

Brian May is just Brian May and is a huge part the sound of Queen. A bit like Ringo was never classed a great drummer, but he was a great Beatle and the very best drummer for them.

Not so sure. $2.7 million most paid for a guitar. Can't see his homemade effort fetching that much.

that home made effort is capable of things fenders and gibsons could never do. like reverse phaze pick ups ect think you can get 16 settings instead of the usual 3, custom designed whammy bar plus the guitars a unique shape and a total one off with huge history behind it. its genius in its design

Edited by overandunder2012

that home made effort is capable of things fenders and gibsons could never do. like reverse phaze pick ups ect think you can get 16 settings instead of the usual 3, custom designed whammy bar plus the guitars a unique shape and a total one off with huge history behind it. its genius in its design

It might be all you say and more but $2.7 million, not a chance.

Guest rimotu66

has a sound that is instantly recognisable. Hugely influential great British rock guitarist in my view.

Really? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hes as bad as all the other average pop stars (boneon , geldof, madogga etc) that use there 'fame' to shove there opinions down our throats.

It also has a volume control knob that can go up to eleven,beat that.

Guest rimotu66

Roger Taylor is a shooter and I believe has his own shoot,should make interesting talk on tour buses

Atb

Fielddweller

Really, didn't know that, so how can the May **** spout all his anti **** and still tour with Mr Taylor, maybe his convictions do not stretch as far as his need to make money.