2 hour fox

simon6ppc

orite chaps,i did a stake out the other week at dusk waiting for a fox as the farmer had rang me saying he keeps seeing it and he,s worried about his ducks and chickens,so in - 2 conditions i sat and waited for almost 2 hours to see if he showed,at the edge of dark i used my fox pro with a vixen mating call,any way he showed up and sat in a nice open white patch of snow.i ranged him at 325 yards,so up 4 MOA on the scope and i took the shot with my Tikka super varmint in 243,he dropped instantly with a nice thud from the 87 grain v.max..so good result in the end even though i was freezing my teats off..

post-56146-0-05754200-1422884862_thumb.jpg

I thought you were dead (again).

Well done on the fox. Will we hear a bit more from you now that game shooting has finished?

orite pal,ime still no expert at down loading the picture size ,thats why i go AWOL for a month or two,ha ha..then when i have another go i do it right,so ye i could be back in action now for a bit as it seems to be working again..

i got the call of a friend pal,he sent it me by email..i use a vixen on heat call and a fox howl..they tend to be quite good this time of year,but a you probably know,it is on the night as well..

Cheers bud. I did the same as I didnt get on too well with the foxpro one. Had some decent results with it as well on a couple of occasions last month.

thanks for the replies guys,to be honest i put a post on last year,the usual fox or pigeons i had shot and some one put a comment on saying bla bla bla same old thing or of that description and it put me off putting any more on,so i did move to another group,but i did meet some good lads on here so its a shame not to keep in touch..

thanks for the replies guys,to be honest i put a post on last year,the usual fox or pigeons i had shot and some one put a comment on saying bla bla bla same old thing or of that description and it put me off putting any more on,so i did move to another group,but i did meet some good lads on here so its a shame not to keep in touch..

The people who put comment like bla bla bla are complete..fools (cant post anything stronger). Ignore such stupid comments and keep posting. As Underdog mentioned he seems to be in the firing line for most of the abuse at the moment. Simple way to avoid it get a 30mm and only head shoot animals (apart from deer as that would create a controversial post and I dont want to take any lime light from Underdog) :lol:

I had the same last year too - I'd been out for a fox on a summer evening, had got it, and put a little write up. One of the comments was on the lines of 'Some pics of these foxes you keep on shooting would be nice'. So I went out, dragged it from under the gorse bush I'd shoved it into, and put a pic up. That person didn't comment again.

Hey ho.

Anyway, nice shooting. Good on yer !

I don't believe that any member on here need to shoot something exceptional to put a pic and write up on here, it's nice for any pic or write up.

It's a:

- Good way of being inspired to get back out there those who haven't got out in a while

- Good reminder of how it's done

- Good reminder to some members on here haven't anywhere to shoot at all and seeing this may spur them on to knocking on more doors

Lots of good things come from any effort put on here. Keep it up :good:

I don't believe that any member on here need to shoot something exceptional to put a pic and write up on here, it's nice for any pic or write up.

It's a:

- Good way of being inspired to get back out there those who haven't got out in a while

- Good reminder of how it's done

- Good reminder to some members on here haven't anywhere to shoot at all and seeing this may spur them on to knocking on more doors

Lots of good things come from any effort put on here. Keep it up :good:

Well said i put up a post 300 plus views 4 members took time to say well done and a very well done on the fox waiting in that cold