Rotheram Council - " unfit for purpose" and resigns en masse

Kes

Well what many suspected has come about.

The Rotheram 'cabinet' has been forced to resign following the publishing of damning conclusions in a report into child abuse in the area.

The report confirms that the abuse is mainly carried out by Pakistani men, and that the Council was sexist, bullying and too politically correct.

Nice to hear a New Zealander will be heading the now statutory child abuse/establishment inquiry. I make the suggestion that its conclusions will amaze. We will however to wait for 3 years (at least ) for those.

The Rotheram 'cabinet' has been forced to resign following the publishing of damning conclusions in a report into child abuse in the area.

The report confirms that the abuse is mainly carried out by Pakistani men, and that the Council was sexist, bullying and too politically correct.

Nice to hear a New Zealander will be heading the now statutory child abuse/establishment inquiry. I make the suggestion that its conclusions will amaze. We will however to wait for 3 years (at least ) for those.

another quote was " refused to answer uncomfortable questions" sadly that's rife throughout all walks of life in the UK now :yes:

KW

Presumably as they have resigned then no action can be taken against them!

No action can be taken in respect to their employment, however that does not preclude any criminal action. Hopefully the circumstances of their departure will prevent any further employment opportunities too.

i suspect they wont, i wouldn't be surprised if they hang a few patsies out to dry but the big names will make sure the old boy network kicks in and covers their tracks

No action can be taken in respect to their employment, however that does not preclude any criminal action. Hopefully the circumstances of their departure will prevent any further employment opportunities too.

Its very hard to prove guilt to the required level in a criminal trial when the crime is doing nothing.

I have found that people in public office, are like water and electricity, they always take the path of least resistance, thats going to be what comes out here Im sure. Lazy and incompetent definitely but I doubt there was a conspiracy which would be needed to secure convictions.

Edited by Vince Green

And all in the name of PC and not wanting to upset cultural sensitivities. An effin disgrace!!

“Don’t Rock the Boat” and this policy will be entrenched throughout the councils of the land with Rotherham being the tip of a very large iceberg! With no-one being accountable and with this lot stepping down with no doubt giant golden handshakes for their sterling failings of gargantuan proportion, ‘Nice Work if you can get it’ comes to mind!! :no: :/

Most of the taxi drivers named in the investigation are still driving taxis in Rotherham. Only four licences have been withdrawn by Rotherham council in the past five years and then not necessarily in connection with this investigation.

Two Rotherham councillors have been named as owners of taxi firms caught up in the scandal. And it appears the council is still giving contracts to these firms to drive vunerable kids around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2738170/The-abuse-STILL-going-s-worse-SUE-REID-broke-story-sex-gangs-preying-young-white-girls-This-week-one-victim-took-round-Rotherham-pointed-attackers-swaggering-street.html

https://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/rotherham-councillors-connected-to-taxi-firms/

Edited by Vince Green

I assume this is not a problem restricted to Rotherham? Wasn't there a bunch of Cheltenham 'colonials' caught up and convicted a year or two ago? Can we therefore assume where there are similar breeding grounds ie young kids in care, the required ethnic minorities with access to them and perhaps social deprecation this may only be the tip of the iceberg? I find it hard to believe it was entirely the fault of the former council that this happened. Ok they were useless and good riddance but is this a wider problem?

Is this just Rotherham or were the council/police/social services collectively so inept this became (or still is?) a breeding ground for such behaviour? There was a similar case in Cheltenham (?) a couple of years back but it must be occurring elsewhere. There are many similar communities so surely there must be the same problem there or have I missed something?

Is this just Rotherham or were the council/police/social services collectively so inept this became (or still is?) a breeding ground for such behaviour? There was a similar case in Cheltenham (?) a couple of years back but it must be occurring elsewhere. There are many similar communities so surely there must be the same problem there or have I missed something?

Oh look:

BBC version:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-31151445

Breitbart Version:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02/05/20-man-grooming-gang-charged-with-child-prostitution-relating-to-12-girls/

About right.

DCC. Ashman.

'He issued a warning against those who might make assumptions about the ethnic or religious background of the attackers based on the names of the accused'.

Tell the truth and shame the devil.

Edited by Penelope

I read the article this morning absolutely disgraceful, some heads need to roll and some of those offering us a cultural benefit :lol::lol: should now be having their collars felt.noted especially the ridiculously light sentence given to one rapist (of a 13year old at that) waiting to see the comparison with glitter when he is sentenced.

KW

Its worth reading the report. In truth, the Police do not come out of this well - in my view the worst. They did not believe the stories of 11-14 year olds who were groomed raped and trafficked. In at leats one case they didnt believe the girl, her mother or the girls associates. Threats and violence were used against families of abused girls. In one case the father of an abused girl collected her from a house where he believed (and was subsequently confirmed) she was being abused and was arrested by police.

It is hard to imagine that any group of services got it collectively and individually so wrong. The story is appalling and a national disgrace. Most girls quoted they were abused by men of pakistani heritage. It seems it was a major factor in reluctance to pursue.