Jodie Kidd

Fisherman Mike

I have no idea of his qualifications, but he once had a role in editing The Engineer magazine if I recall. He has stripped down and rebuilt several of his motorbikes I believe. As far as I know they all fired up as they should afterwards. :)

Walk past his house in Hammersmith and you will often see him on the drive with a bike in bits.

I have no idea of his qualifications, but he once had a role in editing The Engineer magazine if I recall. He has stripped down and rebuilt several of his motorbikes I believe. As far as I know they all fired up as they should afterwards. :)

Fair play to him then, i guess he is not so hopeless.

Walk past his house in Hammersmith and you will often see him on the drive with a bike in bits.

Is that a sign of a good mechanic or a persistently poor one? :)

Also watch some of his Documentaries.....the Lego one/Meccanno one/train set one....the list goes on

:shaun:

I have watched those, but he doesn't really do much of the hands on technical stuff does he? Or maybe I just forget, I have a head full of mince most days so it's pretty likely I have it wrong.

good ridence to clarkson and the other two ,

top gear was great even fantastic at times, the off road rally in a bently is amazing but it became tierd and dull so did the presenting too.

they needed to kill the show and the presenters and restart again next year with a new layout and presenters

fifth gear was aimed at normal people and normal cars, top gear was aimed at the top end of cars on purpose

the ideas were starting to get thin so was the presentling too

great whilst it lasted but time to move forward

lets not get new presenters for an old show layout like topgear,

lets get new presenters and new ideas and a new layout and a whole new show please

as for the old three, time to go gentlemen, time to go

Unfortunately for the BBC - Top Gear is a brand that sells. The cash cow is in danger of dying.

the cash cow is dead.

who ever replaces the old team are going to get panned big style, they are going to die a thousand times by comparension the only they can do is set a series up to die,

wait for it to be slagged off and then redo it again, the second time might stand a chance of doing it.

clarkeson was clever enough to relise that years ago when they re did top gear,

i would not be surprised if they suddenly set up the same formate on another tv channel but it wont be the same

its time for a change may be the next one is better

Edited by 10gaugewannabee

I hope the BBC re-invent the format again, as they have done in the past. The last couple of series of TG have been a bit too formulaic and had lost the freshness TG had for a while. It was still OK to watch, but less interesting than it had been. I don't think the current format would survive new presenters, so they need to re-invent it.

I hope the BBC re-invent the format again, as they have done in the past. The last couple of series of TG have been a bit too formulaic and had lost the freshness TG had for a while. It was still OK to watch, but less interesting than it had been. I don't think the current format would survive new presenters, so they need to re-invent it.

i agree, i stopped watching it three series ago as it went flat on me

as i said who ever takes sit on has a thankless task infront of them as clarkeson and the two have a great thing to improve on and even harder to beat

as for new presenters, i would go through all the wanna bees on you tube, use them for a single series and then bin them and restart with a known load

The snag with that though, is that it wasn't the BBC who 're-invented' the format last time, it was Clarkson, and of course his producer Andy Wilman. Clarkson is first and foremost a writer. He wrote the scripts and came up with the format as well as being the front man.

I agree the format had become somewhat stale and I admit to wondering how much longer it could retain its popularity in its present format, but who do you replace Clarkson, May and Hammond with?

Any motoring programme the BBC comes up with (especially if May and Hammond are still there) will immediately become identified with TG, and therefore comparisons will be made, and I have no doubt the viewing figures will be HUGE initially, if only to compare it with the TG. After that, who knows?

I think the mistake some people are making is trying to create or visualise a programme as successful as TG, and that simply isn't going to happen. Even all those involved in TG had no idea it was going to be as big as it was. No one sets out to make the most successful programme ever broadcast, it simply evolves and becomes that due to many different ingredients, and in this case it was three presenters who clearly gelled perfectly on a format mostly about extraordinary cars. It didn't happen overnight.

Take away any of those ingredients and suddenly the format has changed.

Whoever presents and in whatever format, TG cannot be replaced. It can be imitated, and it could have been re-invented with the present line up as we know it, but anyone expecting it to carry on as before will be sadly disappointed. The main ingredient has gone. It would be like baking a shepherds pie without the mince; it just wouldn't taste the same.

If people simply accept its replacement for what it is, then it may do well.

i would not be surprised if in some legal small print the words clarkeson and topgear are linked so one is needed with the other

theres many different formats they coulld choose to do the question is which one and will the public watch it

i must admit the suzi perry effect all ways made me laugh as a powerfull and attractive woman keeping the kids in line was funny as she could let her hair down as well as the lads

you could have the haynes manual version of top gear with people doing real work on real engines with real grease

i also see all the under 21 year old males voting for the spearmint rhino version of top gear

middle england could have the chealsea tractor show and how to unpick the unclean from your grill after you have run them down in kensington high street

i still thing the first reincarnation will die due to topgear comparissions but the second series or show style will work

Edited by 10gaugewannabee