Arrogant cyclists!

Vince Green

I had an incident with 4 cyclists a while ago, well one of them. I was on my way shooting going down a single track road I got stuck behind this group for a fair distance even though there was plenty of places they could of let me past and they weren't in a hurry doing about 15mph, when the road widened I went past (safely I might add)but as I went past the one in front the ***** gave me a ****** sign and what really bought the red mist down was the filth bag gobbed on my passenger window. So as I got in front of him I slammed my brakes on which nearly put him in the back of my truck. I got out and said what was that for and he reckons I was pressuring them? All the tine I was behind them I was about 10 meters behind them. Anyway after somechoice words he wiped it off. To be honest if I didn't have my gun in my truck and having a sgc stopped him from getting a swift punch in the mouth. Before any cyclists start saying I was out of order slamming my brakes on , how would feel if I gobbed on you as I drove past.
80% of cyclists are ignorant and arrogant in my opinion. The 20% that are decent seem to be the ones who don't take it too seriously.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an incident with 4 cyclists a while ago, well one of them. I was on my way shooting going down a single track road I got stuck behind this group for a fair distance even though there was plenty of places they could of let me past and they weren't in a hurry doing about 15mph, when the road widened I went past (safely I might add)but as I went past the one in front the ***** gave me a ****** sign and what really bought the red mist down was the filth bag gobbed on my passenger window. So as I got in front of him I slammed my brakes on which nearly put him in the back of my truck. I got out and said what was that for and he reckons I was pressuring them? All the tine I was behind them I was about 10 meters behind them. Anyway after somechoice words he wiped it off. To be honest if I didn't have my gun in my truck and having a sgc stopped him from getting a swift punch in the mouth. Before any cyclists start saying I was out of order slamming my brakes on , how would feel if I gobbed on you as I drove past.

80% of cyclists are ignorant and arrogant in my opinion. The 20% that are decent seem to be the ones who don't take it too seriously.

I'm a cyclist as well as driver and motorcyclist and I think I would have found it hard to restrain if they gobbed on my motor too.

One thing to remember though about your comment about passing places to let you through, they are using their own steam to get to speed, you can make up all that lost ground with a simple press on your accelerator - that's why cyclists don't like slowing down - I know that once I get to 26-30mph I don't particularly like having to slow down knowing all the effort to maintain pace.

Not saying right or wrong etc... just that would be the reason :-)

Why do cyclists like going out in gangs? one cyclist easy enough to pass, wait till you are at a safe passing place, even 2 or 3 if they go single file to allow you to pass as the high way code says they should, but you see gangs of almost 20 some times on the country roads! I was out and about early one morning and it must of been their meeting up spot, I wanted to turn into a junction where they were all waiting about at, standing on their bikes, the look of surprise that a car might want to drive down a road on some of there faces, obviously I gave them time to move and the extra 20 seconds was nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I got on with my day. However, I do think a lot of the animosity between cars and cyclists could be avoided by cyclists staying in smaller groups, I accept there is a certain safety in 2s and 3s, but more than that it becomes a really inconvenience for people trying to get from A to B.

None too Bright Either.

My route to work takes me on an A road for a few miles. This morning I noticed a bike, and a "corpse" in the grassy verge - not more than 3 feet from the side of the road. Obviously I thought there was a biker/car collision with the car as winner.

So, I pulled over, got out of my car and checked on the bloke. He was taking a nap. Taking a nap three feet from an A road with 60 mile an hour traffic whizzing by!!

You can't make this stuff up.

I tried to wake him, but he was snoring away and then thought it best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Edited by ab1964

I hate the Lycra louts . I give them a squirt of the screen wash when I overtake them . I like to look in the mirror and watch them wipe their faces . A bit juvenile I know .

Harnser

I once doctored the screen wash pipe for this reason was really fun to watch but as you say juvenile

We had a run in with a bunch of cyclists when out on a run with my motorbike club.
Luckily we have a number of coppers in the club who tore them off a strip when they got gobby.
Just had a look at the official highway code and came up with these few rules.

Page 25, rule 66 part 3

rule 67 part 3

rule 68 part 3

rule 69 Just for starters. don't know if any of this has been mentioned
but it may be good to quote these if you have trouble with them, as sure as eggs are eggs they won't know them, they think that they have no rules ( or seems that way to me)
Rant over and breathe. :lol::lol:

There's a few lycra yobs on youtube wearing head cams to record their run ins with motorists. One regularly say " I was taking the racing line "

there are more that wear a cam to show the pig ignorance and threatening attitude of car drivers, oh yeah forgot we pay road tax is the usual bleat from the pig ignorant idle **** who think that not being able to put their foot down for one second compares with world famine.

KW

If a cyclist swerves to avoid a pothole and collides with a passing car, the cyclist is at fault same as a car driver would be if they did the same.

if a cyclist swerve's due to the road conditions and you hit them you are to close simple as. try some consideration and forethought it works wonders.

KW

Edited by kdubya

there are more that wear a cam to show the pig ignorance and threatening attitude of car drivers, oh yeah forgot we pay road tax is the usual bleat from the pig ignorant idle **** who think that not being able to put their foot down for one second compares with world famine.

KW

if a cyclist swerve's due to the road conditions and you hit them you are to close simple as. try some consideration and forethought it works wonders.

KW

Shock horror, i rarely agree with you KW :lol: but on both these I agree .

My beef isn't so much with the sports cyclists,who, like all groups have their foul mouthed low lifes but with the cyclists who, where I live, ride on the pavements etc.

Riding on pavements and in pedestrian areas, ignoring traffic lights including those at pedestrian crossings, riding the wrong way in one way streets and generally ignoring the Highway Code is the norm around here and our local police do damn all about it. If you are on the pavement they expect you to get out of the way.

One cyclist who actually hit me while using a pedestrian crossing fell off his bike and accused me of getting in the way ! The truck driver who had stopped at the crossing asked if I was OK and then had a go at the cyclist who claimed that the Highway Code didn't apply to cyclists !

Seeing cyclists riding while using a mobile is common or the other trick they perform is riding on the pavement with dogs on leads fanned out like a snow plough !

Vic.

I went up into the Dales yesterday and they were out in force deliberately blocking the roads 2-3 abreast.

Interesting legal question - do their marshals have any legal powers to stop or direct traffic?

Can we just ignore them?

Nobody but a police officer in uniform may direct traffic - not even a parking warden as far as I am aware.

Nobody but a police officer in uniform may direct traffic - not even a parking warden as far as I am aware.

Google Community Accredited Safety Scheme.

People on here would moan if they thought the Police were wasting their time marshaling cycle races wouldn't they?

The world has evolved (except in cambridge and holland), there is no room for cyclists on most UK roads anymore. If you want to race go to a velodrome, if you want a gentle ride go to a public park etc, if you are doing it to keep fit get a manual job :)

I cycle to work every day and don't own any lycra, other than my mankini which I'm wearing right now...

Most adult cyclists are also car drivers, they're not a separate species of road user. Anybody who rides their bike inconsiderately is probably like that when they are behind the wheel too in my opinion.

I cycle to work every day and don't own any lycra, other than my mankini which I'm wearing right now...

Most adult cyclists are also car drivers, they're not a separate species of road user. Anybody who rides their bike inconsiderately is probably like that when they are behind the wheel too in my opinion.

Well said I encounter more arrogant car drivers who also jump red lights ,mount kerbs to get round L drivers doing 3 point turns .

Park outside off licences on double yellow lines I could go on and on