So, what sort of a deer is this?

Dekers

Came across these in a clearing in the woods last night, they seemed quite friendly, it was a tight fit getting them back in the motors and lots of hard work at home.

I'm not familiar with this sort of deer but my mate says he's shot loads and they taste great, apparently the fur makes good socks as well!

Some before and after pics.

post-20848-0-50225500-1428737883_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-33744500-1428737891_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-07530700-1428737940_thumb.jpg

:lol::good:

I've done me DSC1 so can confidently say this is a herd of Roe.

I've booked mine for next month so will be an expert too by June. Thanks for clarifying the breed, I can't wait for the thanks I'll get from Ashdown Llama park when I clear them of their deer problem :)

Everyone knows roes don't herd the lighter rump patch makes it obvious they Red Deer and with one wallowing and one approaching in that aggressive manner it obviously during the rut. Should have done the same dsc1 as me!

It amazes me how little knowledge some on here have, if you truly have done your DSC1 you will know that you will always, as the popular phrase goes, see white when roe take flight, they are the only deer that run continually backward. :good:

Strewth! I got strife for shooting a reindeer a little while ago.

Juvenile unicorns - Still got their fluffy first coats and waiting for the horn to appear.

They are definitely protected.

I though Unicorns were covered on the General Licence? Maybe that just on the Welsh version :)