Ever been served food on something odd?

aris

Don't get me started on chips. A few of us guns go out about once a month for a chat, pint or two and we normally order up a few portions of chips. A local pub had changed hands and the company who bought it spent a pile of money doing it up mind it did need it. We had a few pints then one of us ordered up 3 portions of chips between 5 of us. They came in a little metal basket and no joke 8 chips per portion unpeeled, 4.8 chips each (rustic) Now in the group we had a couple of Cornishmen one being a farmer and a Yorkshireman, all can be quite frugal, it was pointed out to the new manager that his so called portions of chips his new chef had produced were an embarrassment to him and his chef. He decided to refund the money.

I was in Lima London the other day (Peruvian cuisine, a 2 Michelin star restaraunt).

It was the first time I've eaten off a slate, was fine - held its heat well but I found it wierd when your knife catches the slate... Didn't feel right.

But to give them credit the colours were all right and it was fitting. And they make a mean Cerviche.

some place in the trafford centre, i forget the name. we'd been waiting absolutely ages and when the food finally came out (think i ordered some kind of seafood thing) it was served in tin foil roughly folded into the shape of a bowl.

told them to take it back and bring me a proper dish, am not a student eating out of tin foil! wasn't like it was a cheap place either.

Strawberries and whipped cream off the wife's 40gg's some years ago

Put me off fruit and dairy fer life :sick:

Can't bare to think about that.

I used to like strawberries and cream too.

PS.. got the glass sorted lol

Oh yes, Das Klo (the Toilet) in Berlin. www.klo.de your beer comes in **** pots and your meal is served in Chamber pots. The pub is a must to visit if you are ever in Berlin. Indeed in July as part of my bike tour I am staying overnight in a hotel just off the Kurfuerstendamm about 500 meters walk from Das Klo, so I will be having a few beers and a bit of scoff that evening in klo,s. The last time I was there was 1989, I am so looking forwards to it.

Edited by Blunderbust