.22 rimfire shotgun?

Cyber

I am seeking a .22 rimfire shotgun anyone got one for sale?

Right, the above is posted in the fore sale/wanted section. I did post but as 8 others of you know, the posts have been deleted. I just wanted tom know what the hell a .22 rimfire shotgun is?? Is this guy taking the mick or is there really a .22 rimfire shotgun :/:D:/ lol

Right, the above is posted in the fore sale/wanted section. I did post but as 8 others of you know, the posts have been deleted. I just wanted tom know what the hell a .22 rimfire shotgun is?? Is this guy taking the mick or is there really a .22 rimfire shotgun :/:D:/ lol

Oh yes there is, I had one, about the size of a childs gun, bolt action single shot, smooth bored, if you put a .22 bullet in you could not hit a pastic cup at 5 yards, you get .22 shell (or you could) with size 12 shot in, they were brilliant for shooting rats. although you rarely killed them first shot even close in, but it stopped them.

Yes Cyber, there is definitely such a gun. I posted this link before our posts were deleted http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Long_Rifle

Taken from that article: "Special shot cartridges, called rat-shot, usually loaded with #12 shot (see shotgun shell) in a .22 LR caliber have also been made and these are ideal for pest control at very short ranges. Such rounds will either have a longer brass case that is crimped closed, or a translucent plastic "bullet" that contains the shot and shatters upon firing. In specially-made .22 bore shotguns, the shotshells can be used for short range skeet shooting and trap shooting at special, scaled-down, clay targets."

desperado

WoW!! hehe I am shocked that there is such a thing!

Thankyou verymuch guys, you learn something new everyday!! this leads onto the question then, would you need a shottly licence or an FAC?? lol!! :/

As they are capable of chambering and firing a .22 bullet they (well mine was) are placed on an FAC, however you might find that the majority do not have a serial no on them at all so i am not sure how that would work.

Right, the above is posted in the fore sale/wanted section. I did post but as 8 others of you know, the posts have been deleted. I just wanted tom know what the hell a .22 rimfire shotgun is?? Is this guy taking the mick or is there really a .22 rimfire shotgun :D:/:D lol

I was interesed in that topic too, as I've seen the shells they fire, but never a gun. I'd always doubted their usefulness in todays humane nature of the sport. I had a bit of a grumble at HD about his complaint, as I was in a bad mood and it's the second mod message in about a week regarding me doing something wrong. I'd like to apologise to him for that, I'm sorry for moaning! I was out of order really as he was only doing his job. I feel like a bit of an *** now I've thought about it :/

My gunsmith told me that they will sometimes bore out the bore of an old .22 rimfire to make it a .22 shotgun. assuming that the barrel is 24" they can be held on an SGC. the .22 shotgun rounds can be shot from a .22 shotgun OR rifle as i know someoe who used them from his 10/22 to shoot rats very effectively at about 5 yards, the only trouble is that they are not powerful enough to cycle the semi-auto action.

• 8 years later...

They used to be popular with poachers who would use a .22 bullet and shoot roosting birds from point blank range. Virtually silently.

That was back in the days when you could get a shotgun licence by just filling in a form and it came in the post. Before 1968 you didn't even need a licence to own a shotgun and .22 ammo was very easy to come by

Edited by Vince Green