Cutting paving slabs

VULTURE

Hi. My manshed stands on some paving slabs and due to a cockup the shed was about six inches smaller than the paved area I laid and due to health and life problems was never sorted at the time,now I need to trim these slabs before any rot starts.

What's the best way to trim these reasonably neatly in situ as moving the shed is not an option.

Cheers. Vulture

Hi. My manshed stands on some paving slabs and due to a cockup the shed was about six inches smaller than the paved area I laid and due to health and life problems was never sorted at the time,now I need to trim these slabs before any rot starts.

What's the best way to trim these reasonably neatly in situ as moving the shed is not an option.

Cheers. Vulture

A petrol disk cutter is your best bet if you cannot lift the slabs. :good:

I'm probably missing something but.......given the shed is sitting on the paved area with an overlap of the pavers, it will still be sitting on the paved area after you have trimmed the slabs so what will you achieve by cutting the paver excess ???

Like I said I am probably missing something, not my forte :no:

The paved area is about 4 inches bigger than the shed,when it rains it flows under the shed and will rot the bearers,I want to trim the slabs so they are under the edge of the sides but flush with the bearers.

There are not other slabs and the paved area is about 3 inches higher than the surrounding ground.

Vulture

keep dust down by using a slow trickle from a hose pipe if using a petrol disk cutter, it will also help you to see the straight edge. :yes:

And dont forget to wear eye protection :good:

use a hose lock connection on your hose and attach hose directly on to the stihl saw

Flynny

The paved area is about 4 inches bigger than the shed,when it rains it flows under the shed and will rot the bearers,I want to trim the slabs so they are under the edge of the sides but flush with the bearers.

There are not other slabs and the paved area is about 3 inches higher than the surrounding ground.

Vulture

. Spouting and down pipe to divert water.

I have the stihl ts420 petrol cutter and believe me you won't get any where near the edge with one of these as they are a big unit, unless you tilt the saw which I don't recommend as that's how you loose a leg.

Get yourself a mains 9" grinder with diamond blade, you can then cut it really tight against the shed so you will have minimal over hang.

Hope this helps

:rolleyes: Oh ! do they all have those attachments on ? I never noticed when Ive used one before :rolleyes:

Sorry old bean I didn't mean to sound like a smart butt lol, your idea is spot on

All the still saws I've used have this attachment for the dust suppression kit, just don't put the tap on full blast low or else you end up with a slurry shower lol ,

Flynny

Vulture

Ok thanks for that...........bit wiser now. :good:

U will be easier with a 9" grinder if space is tight and the daimond blades cut throu slabs no problem. The cheap ones arenae that deat to buy either, i've had my cheapy one for years ad its done a serious ammount of work

But u might still struggle to get the slabs cut tight enough in.

Might be worth also putting some guttering or even a piece of timber to take water further away from shed

Sorry old bean I didn't mean to sound like a smart butt lol, your idea is spot on

All the still saws I've used have this attachment for the dust suppression kit, just don't put the tap on full blast low or else you end up with a slurry shower lol ,

Flynny

That's ok. It was quite an old one, probably pre 15 year's old.

They certainly are a beast.