F.A.C licence. Separate ammo compartment

Evening all, im looking into applying for my firearms licence soon but also I'm just about to fit a new 5 gun cabinet. Before i fit it I need to make sure it is the correct cabinet if I'm going to apply for a fac. I've looked on basc and GMP but can't find a definitive answer.

Does the ammo for rifle ect need to be stored separately or can it go in a cabinet with the guns. All I found on basc is it said ' you can store section 1 ammo in a separate safe' but not that u have to. Can anyone clear this up for me thanks B 425

A small separate safe for ammo or a safe complete within the main unit

Bare in mind that if you have anyone that shares your cabinet for shotguns but does not hold a firearms certificate with slots covering what will be held in there then they can no longer have access to it.

Edited by superspark

Look on you tube at breaking into a digital safe. It put me off buying a cheapie

Andy

Inside theses safes they have a very weak spring holding the locking pins/bars closed, that when knocked with sufficient force "WILL" unlock the safe, replace the spring with something a little more substantial will make it harder to do that. :yes:

Really appreciate everyone's comments. I've decided to sell my cabinet and fit a rifle one with internal ammo box as current one might not fit rifles with scopes on. Once again thanks everyone. Also anyone interested in a st5 see other sales. ATB 425

If you think you need a 5 gun cabinet STOP !!! DONT !!!

Trust me it wont be big enough, get a 7 or a 10 :yes::)