EU insurance laws

Gunman

It seems that under proposed EU laws all land vehicles will now have to have insurance . Golf buggy's and ride on lawn mowers even if they are being used on private land ie. your own garden .

It will also apply to go carts ,mini tractors , diggers , quad bikes and trail bikes even if not for road use and I guess vintage cars and bikes that are under SORN but driven on show grounds .

Edited by Gunman

Police are going to be busy aren't they ? First they have to track them down then check insurance details . Like this is going to happen :lol: :lol: :lol: And this in top of Scottish police having to trace every air rifle in the area, they're going to be very very busy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will this apply to those who most need it ....................... cyclists !

dont be daft

Most 'responsible' cyclists have cycling insurance already, costs all of £25 a year..........now as fully insured road users.... drivers need to accept we have every right to be there............

nope, not until you pay ved too :)

I would love to have the job as an EU law proposer. You dont have to worry how it would be implement, how much it would cost, the difference it would make to anyone or even if it makes sense or not all that matters is you make sure it ****** everyone off and the Daily Mail are the first to know about it.

Most 'responsible' cyclists have cycling insurance already, costs all of £25 a year..........now as fully insured road users.... drivers need to accept we have every right to be there............

Trouble is, most of them are not "responsible", being cycle fascists with scant regard for the rules of the road........

Why has this been moved to motoring section ? Its not about cars or vans .

Wasn't me that moved it BUT

It seems that under proposed EU laws all land vehicles will now have to have insurance . Golf buggy's and ride on lawn mowers even if they are being used on private land ie. your own garden .

It will also apply to go carts ,mini tractors , diggers , quad bikes and trail bikes even if not for road use and I guess vintage cars and bikes that are under SORN but driven on show grounds .

All highlighted in red might give a clue as to why it's in motoring (motoring isn't just cars and vans), just a thought ;)

That guy rode into the back of the car,

1 - That could have been a pedestrian with small child,

2 - How on earth did that not buckle the wheel?

3 - There must have been SOME damage to the car?

4 - The woman that stopped behind on a bike, offered no assistance and wasn't wearing a helmet, imagine if the rider hadn't have been wearing one :oops:

:shaun:

Although a funny video I had a friend have a racing cyclist do this into the back of his steam engine and trailer. The trailer was a typical 3 ton farm tipping trailer and the cyclist bent the top metal run which was 50mm x 5mm angle section with his head. Fortunately my friend is pretty clued up on first aid and managed to keep him alive until the ambulance arrived. The cyclist only just started talking and walking again after about 12 months. Unbelievable considering the trailer was lit up with flashing beacons and was on a long flat fens road....so how long had it been since the cyclist looked up?

Stupid thing was they were asked to stop by the race officials to prevent any accidents with oncoming cars which they were happy to do.