Lorry driver snaps

ferguson_tom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

Had to laugh when i read this, by the look of it the lorry driver just got totally ****** off with middle lane hoggers...the fact the car driver didnt even move into the first lane when a HGV pulled into the outside lane to get past him should of set the alarm bells ringing.

According to the report the "Footage shows Mr Stockdale stayed in the middle lane for some time" so personally i think if they are going to use the dashcam footage to press charges against the lorry driver they should also use it as evidence and fine the car driver for hogging the middle lane.

Dont get me wrong i think what the lorry driver did is downright dangerous and unjustifiable but I have been in situations where i would love to do this to someone.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me I think his driving is appalling, hogging the centre lane, driving at a dangerously low speed on a motorway. He had plenty of time and space to take evasive action to avoid any collision (whether he should or not is up for debate). Then he has the cheek to call an ambulance, waste their time and time of the Dr's in A&E. No wonder the nhs is crippled with idiots like him abusing it.

And I suspect the insurance will pay out around 5k for injuries because it's cheaper than fighting it.

After spending what probably Amounts to a sizeable portion of my life stuck behind morons in HGV's in the middle lane bacause they are doing a teenth of a mph more than the other Lorry so spend 20 mins hogging the middle lane (they would call it overtaking) whilst causing huge tailbacks I hope they do throw the book at the idiot concerned, absolutley no sympathy whatsoever for him, but I agree they should also prosecute the other muppet as well

When you read the article it says that the truck pulled up behind him than began to intimidate him, so he stayed in the middle lane! If something began to intimidate me I would immediately pull over in to the empty lane if it was empty, assuming I was so far up my own jacksi I had not noticed it was empty. Not sit there bring a road hog. Bad point though when you read on after the first offence, the lorry driver had another go 14 minutes later.

Edited by secretagentmole

Lorry driver at fault first and foremost but if the dash cam shows middle lane hogging by the driver of the car then he too should be fined. I've long believed deliberate obtuse behaviour of some to refuse to allow others to overtake is a mental illness. There can't be a single one of us who hasn't experienced slooooow overtaking by idiots in front who will then happily speed right up after moving left !

got to agree saw this this morning and thought it even looked like he was provoking it.......manufactured publicity for his dash cam company?..looking for a payday on insurance??..whole thing smells....as above not condoning lorry driver...if you are in 40 tons of metal you have a massive responsibility however this chap looked to me to go out of his way to annoy by driving middle lane on an empty road and slow speeds and clearly re overtook the lorry and slowed again so he had to overtake him twice??..I would hope both drivers are convicted...playing with lorries a rather silly & dangerous game.

Muppet Mr stockade, hogging the middle lane annoys me. but a lorry being forced to undertake him because he won't move over is barmy. He obviously had no idea what was going on around him. Lack of consideration and lack of road awareness. What was he doing ? Certainly not driving properly..

As Dougall says,

"Mr Stockdale, who runs a dash cam company......"

He was doing less than 56 mph (assuming the HGV had a working speed limiter) in the middle lane of an empty section of motorway. An attempt to provoke a reaction or a rubbish driver.

There's no excuse for the HGV ramming him, but action should be taken against him too.

"Footage shows Mr Stockdale stayed in the middle lane for some time, which motorists can be fined for, but he said he was about to move over when the lorry driver began to 'intimidate' him." ,,,,,, But he was overtaking the same nearside lorry, so he must have deliberately slowed down to provoke the incident.

Yep, deliberate provocation for advertising purposes and a spurious claim for "injuries". Give the truck driver a warning and throw the book at the car driver for causing a serious hazard on the motorway.

But being a copper the car driver will get away with it and the truck driver will lose his job. be interesting to see if this one goes the way of the usual "Boys club" cases ??

Edited by rodp

Glad i wasn't the only one with the opinion the car driver was a complete muppet, i reckon the idea of driving like a tit to provoke retaliation to advertise his dash cam company is not far off the truth and he hit the jackpot with this lorry driver...much to the lorry drivers expense. The fact he had another go 15mins later implies to me the car driver carried on being a numpty trying to provoke an even bigger reaction.

"This guy is hogging the middle lane. I'm gonna ram his car with my 20 ton truck..."

Oh yep, totally reasonable.

Ram him? Where, when ? That was a gentle word in the car drivers ear "shift you cretin before I really do lose my temper". When 44 tons "Rams" some dumb**** hogging the middle lane it makes a mess, not a tiny little scratch.

Needs to think his self lucky it wasn't a foreign driver on his way home. Moronic selfish lane hogger, nothing but and he got what he deserved.

Glad i wasn't the only one with the opinion the car driver was a complete muppet, i reckon the idea of driving like a tit to provoke retaliation to advertise his dash cam company is not far off the truth and he hit the jackpot with this lorry driver...much to the lorry drivers expense. The fact he had another go 15mins later implies to me the car driver carried on being a numpty trying to provoke an even bigger reaction.

Exactly, and now he'll use his contacts to milk it and lose the truck driver his job just before Christmas, all so he can sell a few more dash cams. Hope the name of his company gets spread all over facebook along with the story.

Ram him? Where, when ? That was a gentle word in the car drivers ear "shift you cretin before I really do lose my temper". When 44 tons "Rams" some dumb**** hogging the middle lane it makes a mess, not a tiny little scratch.

Needs to think his self lucky it wasn't a foreign driver on his way home. Moronic selfish lane hogger, nothing but and he got what he deserved.

Wow. Really? If someone hogs stand 5 at your local clay ground, do you gently lash him with the butt of your gun?

So on the second attempt of ramming did the car driver overtake and then slow down to put the lorry in the previous position or did the lorry slow down and cause the car to overtake to have another go? This could show the intentions of the individuals to some extent.

Mick

Wow. Really? If someone hogs stand 5 at your local clay ground, do you gently lash him with the butt of your gun?

Don't do clays :lol:

So on the second attempt of ramming did the car driver overtake and then slow down to put the lorry in the previous position or did the lorry slow down and cause the car to overtake to have another go? This could show the intentions of the individuals to some extent.

Mick

Would think, due to lack of video from car, that the car overtook. Otherwise I assume he would have filmed it.