Useless.....absolutely useless

Scully

Awaiting new tyres for vehicle so jumped on train to do a spot of Christmas shopping in city for the kids.

Browsed books but they find all info online nowadays and buying clothes for teenagers is a big NO NO from past experience. Browsed for two hours and apart from tartan jimjams for daughter I bought a book written by Terry Prattchet about his work as a writer, a LowePro case for camera, some cheap and nasty loafers, a year planner, some art brushes, and a new Osprey rucksack. All for me.

Useless......absolutely bloody useless.

Edited by Scully

I am sitting here in a shopping mall reading this.

Lady JDog asks me to accompany her on one shopping expedition per year and this is it. Purgatory I call it, sheer purgatory. It took me one minute to buy the socks and underpants I need to replace the smelly and rotting ones I have in my sock drawer and that was me sorted. Two hours later I am still here.

Three Sundays on the bounce I have had to do. I fail to see why it couldn't all be at the same time, oh, the returning to the same shop time and time again!! WHY???

Lady JDog asks me to accompany her on one shopping expedition per year and this is it. Purgatory I call it, sheer purgatory. It took me one minute to buy the socks and underpants I need to replace the smelly and rotting ones I have in my sock drawer and that was me sorted. Two hours later I am still here.

Three Sundays on the bounce I have had to do. I fail to see why it couldn't all be at the same time, oh, the returning to the same shop time and time again!! WHY???

Returning to the same shop time and time again.

To return the things that didn't fit or "didn't look right".

Try them on in the shop, woman! It costs more in diesel than the bloody refund!

You have 3 options, next time you get dragged in Next or similar,

1. Find a comfy spot in a corner and sit down, shut your eyes and pretend to snore. Lift a bum cheek occasionally and make farting noises.

2. Get your own back by wandering into the window display and doing a bit of dirty dancing with one of the dummies.

3. If you really want results then head for the stand with the bras on, pick out a nice one, place over your head with the cups over your ears and knot the straps under your chin, now raise your arms to shoulder height and run around humming the theme tune to "Battle of Britain" or "The Dambusters."

Number 3 was particularly effective for me when I persuaded the youngest lad to take part, we had a dogfight which I lost and crash landed under a rack full of skirts.

No, to see if the like something else and to compare other options only to return to the original shop and buy the first thing they chose.

Returning to the same shop time and time again.

To return the things that didn't fit or "didn't look right".

Try them on in the shop, woman! It costs more in diesel than the bloody refund!

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

1. Find a comfy spot in a corner and sit down, shut your eyes and pretend to snore. Lift a bum cheek occasionally and make farting noises.
2. Get your own back by wandering into the window display and doing a bit of dirty dancing with one of the dummies.
3. If you really want results then head for the stand with the bras on, pick out a nice one, place over your head with the cups over your ears and knot the straps under your chin, now raise your arms to shoulder height and run around humming the theme tune to "Battle of Britain" or "The Dambusters."
Number 3 was particularly effective for me when I persuaded the youngest lad to take part, we had a dogfight which I lost and crash landed under a rack full of skirts.

HHhhhahhahh.....................how the mighty have fallen................... :lol: ...no gunshops where you are then ?....your lady would steer you clear of them anyway.....god you sound miserable.... :lol:

Timmytree,

Have we met? We must have because you must have seen me talking to some of the better looking dummies today in House of Fraser. Unfortunately the one I was most attracted to didn't have a head.

I am a brave man but not brave enough to carry off your no.3.

a piece of coal would surprise them on unwrapping :lol:

I was going to suggest a house brick wrapped in multiple boxes :lol:

No.3 is inspired. :good::lol:

Sorry, But since the demise of the small niche shops we used to have on the highstreets and only the big players remaining, there is VERY LITTLE to choose now when window shopping!

I find all the shops sell the same tat, only difference being the price! I like unusual gifts, little bits and bobs that stand out! Since we no longer have the small independant traders due to the recession, we have little to choose, UNLESS going online!

Even woolworths is online now as they lost nearly all the branches througout the UK.

I shop far and wide using the internet and recently bought gifts from Turkey, USA, China etc because there are no longer any shops catering for such tastes in the UK.

I used to love window shopping and checking out small shops in new towns and cities I visited as there was ALWAYS something different!

Now my window shopping is done in my own living room! Sad really, but there you go!

LG

Edited by Lord Geordie