Driven Pheasant at Powis Castle with distraction of 7 year old son

Duffryn

Sorry about the camera angle on a couple of the drives ( I did hit more than its looks) . My son proved a major distraction with constant talking though some classic comments :-

"You are no where near as good as you said you were"

"That Pheasant just owned you"

"You missing a lot aren't you"

Hope you enjoy......

I can empathizes. I took my 8 year old (also called Jacob) to our Christmas shoot and had a very similar experience whilst he stood by me. I also shot poorly!

In the end he decided he wanted to join the beaters. It was a memory to treasure..

The beaters were walking through a strip of maize, in line waving their flags. About 20 yards behind the line all I could see was was this flag being waived frantically. It was Jacob he couldn't keep up with the beating line and was too short to see over the top of the maize but he was determined to wave that flag.

It may have been frustrating at the time but you will look back at this with fond memories and you have it captured on film.

That's a great story, your right these are the things will be remembered for ages. I'm pleased you got distracted too and that it wasn't just me

I can empathizes. I took my 8 year old (also called Jacob) to our Christmas shoot and had a very similar experience whilst he stood by me. I also shot poorly!

In the end he decided he wanted to join the beaters. It was a memory to treasure..

The beaters were walking through a strip of maize, in line waving their flags. About 20 yards behind the line all I could see was was this flag being waived frantically. It was Jacob he couldn't keep up with the beating line and was too short to see over the top of the maize but he was determined to wave that flag.

It may have been frustrating at the time but you will look back at this with fond memories and you have it captured on film.

Best one yet for me!.....Absolutely superb.

That ground is beautiful to.A few friends are shooting there on Tuesday,lucky ****.

Well done.

Daz

I'm up there on Monday and Wednesday, I'll do a deal with your mate and leave some birds on Monday so long as he returns the favour for me for Wednesday !

Thanks for all the kind comments gents. It was cracking day, I've just found a note on my bedside table from Jacob asking if he can go again. It will be great to have him along on some of the days. I'm sure he will add a new dimension to the videos. He asked how much shooting cost and in fear of him telling his Mum I explained it was only £40 and that if he wanted he could pay for it at the end of the day. I gave him the cash and he walked up to the keeper, shook his hand handed over the cash and thanked him for the day. On the way home said that he thought it was really good value and thought he could earn enough money stacking logs to go on a day of his own when he was older ! I think I have set myself up for a fall there, hopefully he will forget.

Thanks for all the kind comments gents. It was cracking day, I've just found a note on my bedside table from Jacob asking if he can go again. It will be great to have him along on some of the days. I'm sure he will add a new dimension to the videos. He asked how much shooting cost and in fear of him telling his Mum I explained it was only £40 and that if he wanted he could pay for it at the end of the day. I gave him the cash and he walked up to the keeper, shook his hand handed over the cash and thanked him for the day. On the way home said that he thought it was really good value and thought he could earn enough money stacking logs to go on a day of his own when he was older ! I think I have set myself up for a fall there, hopefully he will forget.

At £40/day I'd be shooting every day :lol:

It's a great touch that he tipped the keeper for you :good:

Another excellent video and what a nice touch by that Gun who let the lad take a shot.

Jacob certainly added a new dimension and you are now being "out starred" by Rob and Jacob.

"This isn't a very good spot" really cracked me up and caused my wife to come and see what I was watching.

We both laughed at the "Jacob get out" sequence. :good:

Great to see the boy out enjoying himself and giving you some stick.

I suppose you told your wife that the day cost £40 too?

Dont they all cost the same..... My wife cant believe how many days i get invited as a guest to 'other' shoots! Great vid again. Your lad looks like he had a ball

Great to see the boy out enjoying himself and giving you some stick.

I suppose you told your wife that the day cost £40 too?

shes hasn't asked, Jacob will at some point let her know though I'm sure.

Dont they all cost the same..... My wife cant believe how many days i get invited as a guest to 'other' shoots! Great vid again. Your lad looks like he had a ball

I like that one, I'l save it for a rainy day

Another excellent video and what a nice touch by that Gun who let the lad take a shot.

Jacob certainly added a new dimension and you are now being "out starred" by Rob and Jacob.

"This isn't a very good spot" really cracked me up and caused my wife to come and see what I was watching.

We both laughed at the "Jacob get out" sequence. :good:

Thanks Cranfield. They are so innocent at that age and its great that he just speaks his mind.