mel b3

hiya guys,

my old car is up for grabs and its free .

its an old banger but it always starts and it drives ok for something of its age and mileage .

its a r reg peugeot 406 glx dt estate , it comes with towbar and roofrack , and mot until 5/4/16

ive been using it for about five years to, tow my boat / trailer , drive to work , collect wood for my log burner , its done around 180,000 miles , its filthy at the moment but ill give it a wash and clean for you.

like i said , its tatty but its free and it might just help someone out for a couple of months.

it needs to be gone by this weekend really , and , it will only be given to someone with a current insurance cert for it , i dont want to give it to someone that will scrap it for the cash as i can do that myself.

one final thing , no messers please , i dont have time to get too involved with sending more pics etc.

cheers guys.

post-1082-0-69464600-1453741701_thumb.jpgpost-1082-0-36232700-1453741720_thumb.jpg

How much warranty is there with it :whistling:

ive had a five year warranty with it as i bought it from a motor trader mate , when anything goes wrong i just text him and he fixes it , i normally start the text with " can you remember that time that you ripped me off with that old wreck ? ".

yes please

its yours as long as you fill the criteria tightchoke.

Edited by mel b3

What a cracking gesture! :yes:

Shame I never saw it earlier, Cracking cars the 406, Had the Saloon HDI until some **** drove into it on new years day and wrote it off! **** just drove off and left me near £1500 in the hole!

Since then I went down to a smaller car, Currently thats needing about £200 spent on it for it's MOT, Suspension is far too soft on it, the car has done 6000 miles on new front arms and track rods and they are shot again already! These Pugs take a real battering and just keep on going!

Well done Tightchoke :good:

1800000000 miles on a pug, yer right what you been doing, towing it behind your boat.

Nice of you to offer out to the needy though mel

my mate had the exact same model with 220,000 on the clock , he was using it daily until about a year ago when it got written off , mine is only just run in lol.

We went to a local Peugeot dealer a few years back who had one of these in his yard. It was owned by a taxi driver, bought from that site and all servicing etc was done by them. Apart from regular servicing it had done over 500,000 miles!!!

Pretty sure it weren't bull as he said he didnt believe any of the Newer turbo diesel would last half as long.

Nice offer.

I done this once for a fellow shooter. He mentioned 1 day when we were out beating that his motor had died and he really couldn't afford another, the kids, the dogs, the wife etc etc all expensive and recently lost his job.....the full nine yards.

I said look i have an astra estate sitting doing nowt and if will help you out you can have it, for nowt.

He was chuffed and arranged to come and get it. The next day he arrived and started walking round the car pointing out scratches and small dings here and there and then said naaa i dont want it cos its a bit rough !

Some people eh !

im a great believer that "you get out of life what you put in" , ive been shown many kindnesses on pw, on other shooting sites , and , in life in general .

one instance that is always very clearly in my mind.

back in 2007 , pw member digger , very generously gave me a mercedes for free , it was to be a very flash weekend car , anyway , over the following months things in my life changed massively , my late wife was suffering from cancer and became terminal , life was tough to say the least , at the time my neighbour had some big aggressive american pit bull type dog that repeatedly managed to break out and find its way into my garden , this caused my late wife much stress and worry at an already very difficult time , i have a very long garden and at the time i just couldnt afford a new fence , to cut a long story shorter , i sold the mercedes that i had been given(i did all the work and never got to use it) and the money bought new fence panels and posts , the fence was erected by other pw friends (paddy and tony) and my family . to many people a fence may seem like a simple thing , but , that fence took a massive amount of stress and worry away from my late wifes and my life at a time when we needed help more than we had ever needed it before , ive never told digger how his generosity helped in her last few months and how grateful i am.

thats a very very diluted version of events , but its just one of the many reasons why i go through life trying to do good things and spread the love.

to digger ,

dave , your generosity was amazing mate and i will be eternally grateful.

Edited by mel b3