At last - Full Top Gear new line up announced

malkiserow

Pictures are appearing on Twitter of the beeb's new top gear "Token ethnic person" brandishing two shotguns with a very suspicious looking roll up between his lips...... Seems like a sad and somewhat desperate attempt to draw in a new audience (of course they didn't go through all his social media accounts before employing him................)

Chris Harris has lots of videos on youpube ad frequents the piston heads forum as the "Harrismonkey"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris ''Monkey" Harris is an incredibly good idea, someone who can do his own driving sequences unlike the previous 'tards, and not just because the bookies took a bet on him months ago at great odds...That's the new semi auto pad for!

Which part of their 'own driving sequences' didn't the 'previous 'tards' do? Much was made of the fact May swapped seats with the Stig on numerous occasions, but it was no secret.

I like Chris Evans. I had grown a bit tired of JC but will still watch him on Amazon if my wife lets me (she hates him). Fortunately she loves Evans (probably too much) so at least I won't have to fight to watch Top Gear now.

Ah, but it won't be top gear will it, only in name, not content. It will be like buying a book where someone's changed the title with a marker pen.

I too have just had to google Chris Harris, never seen him before in anything but as for the new line up of TopGear and whether it'll be any good I have a radical approach to these things before criticising them :rolleyes: , lets wait five minutes and watch two or three episodes first. I liked TopGear, in the beginning anyway but a good many of the episodes were just silly and not in a funny way.

It is well known that most of the out of the car shots with cars bring driven sideways and so forth was undertaken by trained drivers.

Is it? I've been a fan for years and can well remember reading an article by Clarkson himself regarding how he learned to 'pop the tail out' after instruction.

I can understand why some sequences would be filmed as 'fill in' slots and performed by other drivers as part of film editing, but I can assure you that Clarkson and Hammond, if not May, are more than capable of 'driving sideways and so forth'.

Is it? I've been a fan for years and can well remember reading an article by Clarkson himself regarding how he learned to 'pop the tail out' after instruction.

I can understand why some sequences would be filmed as 'fill in' slots and performed by other drivers as part of film editing, but I can assure you that Clarkson and Hammond, if not May, are more than capable of 'driving sideways and so forth'.

Summed up in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2025731/Top-Gear-fakery-row-Clarksons-200mph-Lamborghini-stunt-really-carried-racing-driver.html

"The show’s spokeswoman Tara Davies said: ‘Yes, professional drivers are used on the show.

‘On the Power Laps, production have the car for a day, and during that time Jeremy has to go off to do scripting, so rather than him driving for a bit and then everyone having some down time and the car just sitting there while he goes off and writes, and because it is a very expensive show to make, other people may do the driving.

'Having said that, a lot of the shots are Jeremy. That’s not to say that every time it’s an external shot it’s not Jeremy, because more often than not, it is.’

She added: ‘If you see Jeremy, Richard [Hammond] or James [May] driving a car around a track it is them driving but the crew may need to go back and get “pick-up” shots, which may use another driver.’

Yesterday Miss Davies released two further statements at 1pm and 3pm clarifying their position.

The first statement, which the BBC demanded be printed in full, said: ‘When Jeremy, James and Richard are seen driving on the show, it is them driving, but on occasion, the crew may need to go back and get pick-up shots.

Yes very, especially amongst professional driving community... But it's on TV so it must be them, right ?.....

But it's on TV so it must be them, right ?.....

Apparently so, for much of the time anyhow, according to those involved in the programme.

Unfortunately that wouldn't go down very well, it's a very closed and secretive set of people that world.

Of course it wouldn't. We understand perfectly.