Not impressed with Under Armour!

Salop Matt

did you get right ones they do heat gear and cold gear. ons designed to wick and keep you cool the other to keep you warm but it is active were so designed to work in conjunction with movement

I was thinking along the same lines. Ive used the Coldgear thermals and they are great, even on long cold range days in sennybridge!

I bought the Aldi one and found them pretty much useless - but then I really feel the cold. Looked online at some reviews and decided on the Decathlon xtra warm "Wed'ze" at £14.99 for the trousers and the same for the top - apart from actually looking quite smart they also seem to work well - tried mowing the lawn with them on and nearly died of heat stroke :) . Only downside is that you have to open an account to buy them online if you don't have a store nearby.

Thought under armour was to keep you cooler

Like merrion wool or helly hansons for staying warm.

Under armour has 3 different types of Base layers mate, active, heat gear (for staying cool) and cold gear (for staying warm). People often get the names confused and buy heat gear to stay warm :D

I use the basic under armor hoodies all the time. I am sitting in one now and I wear them most evenings and weekends. I use a camo one for mid weight shooting and for under layering when it is cold. I think they are great for both comfort and warmth. If it is going to be cold but I am walking around and then sitting, I wear a wicking base under layer so that as I sweat it pulls it away from the skin, an underarmor hoodie to keep pulling the sweat away and build an air layer, and then a coat suitable for the elements (thicker or lighter).

Rick

I bought the Aldi one and found them pretty much useless - but then I really feel the cold. Looked online at some reviews and decided on the Decathlon xtra warm "Wed'ze" at £14.99 for the trousers and the same for the top - apart from actually looking quite smart they also seem to work well - tried mowing the lawn with them on and nearly died of heat stroke :) . Only downside is that you have to open an account to buy them online if you don't have a store nearby.

I bought the Lidl under layer for keeping warm while motorcycling.........but it is useless in the winter and too hot in the summer.......like you, I feel the cold badly so I tried it while shooting.........still no good, so reverted to my old army clothing and philosophy (more layers).

Long johns and camo trousers; vest, plus tee-shirt, fleece and lined camo jacket......and if the wind is really bad, a lined waterproof windproof waistcoat under the jacket.

I wear a long sleeved thermal vest plus a norgie top and then my Deerhunter Montana jacket with fleece

Long johns and thick trousers and im still cold at times.

I think going out with a full belly of porridge plus having warm drinks like soup helps. Tea & coffee seems to go straight through you.

Id willingly pay good money for thermals if i thought they would keep me warm.

I wear a long sleeved thermal vest plus a norgie top and then my Deerhunter Montana jacket with fleece

Long johns and thick trousers and im still cold at times.

I think going out with a full belly of porridge plus having warm drinks like soup helps. Tea & coffee seems to go straight through you.

Id willingly pay good money for thermals if i thought they would keep me warm.

try purchasing a Helikon Tex Hard Shell Jacket or a Snugpak SJ9, ive worn mine countless amount of times, they've kept me warm in the coldest of nights without any effort

I have used the Snowbee base layer set which has been superb. (they were £20 / set in the sale at Norris's) I can not wear wool of any type so looked to the fishing world for my gear. The discontinued Snowbee shooting jacket ( £90.00 for suit) is the best since my Musto Highland, many years ago. The current Snowbee waterproof fleece is brilliant and VERY warm.

Cheers folks, I have picked up an icebreaker 200 merino top to try and see if its better than my UA top ! At £49 its wanted to be, but also picked up some of my favorite Bridgedale socks with merion wool in them for half price (£8 a pair).

ATB

Matt

+1 for decathlon - cheap as chips and really do the job. I don't think I've found any gear in their range that isn't fit for purpose