Guy Martin

alan barrett

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blokes a nutter. When you have pushed your luck as many times as he has and had four vertebra pinned and screwed you'd thank your lucky stars and take things easy.

Enjoy watching his exploits but where will it end for him and his challenges?

The Indian had a lower centre of gravity.

I don't think that record will stand for long an American will probably break it as a longer wall with same g's and you have a faster speed. Guy was limited to the size of the hangar.

Fair play to guy for doing it though.

Blokes a nutter. When you have pushed your luck as many times as he has and had four vertebra pinned and screwed you'd thank your lucky stars and take things easy.

Enjoy watching his exploits but where will it end for him and his challenges?

I think he'll end up doing more endurance mountain bike stuff, he's already doing the Tour Divide instead of the TT and has suggested he'd like to do Fort William downhill but it clashed with the IOM TT previously, that and he's already sponsored by Orange, Hope and FiveTen.

Since he has set the record, it would be good if anyone trying to break it had to use the same diameter wall.

He was well up for another go at the end, I thought he was just going to bang open the throttle and go, pretending he hadn't heard the out of time instruction!

Personally I would have liked more detail on the building of the wall, bikes and training rather than live waffle to pad out he show.

I too would have liked to have seen more of the build. Shipping containers on end bolted to the floor then a frame of scaffolding with a framing of timber, and the best bit specially selected load bearing flexible timber boards or some waffle along those lines. In layman's terms scaffold planks.

The track looked a bit bumpy in places which unsettled the bike a few times, with a smoother track wall he may have broke 80mph.

Can't see how Guiness World Records could en force the same size wall on other record attempts as the govering factor was the hangar size. The record was for the fastest ride on a wall of death.

Wish that mathematician had said the maximum possible size of wall you could ride as it needs at least 2.5 g to stick to it.

Edited by figgy

I`ve just finished watching it. Firstly congrats to Guy on yet another world record.

Enjoyable as always although on the whole I think I prefer the pre-recorded shows he`s done. I`m not really sure why they felt the need to broadcast the attempt live.

Wall of death!!!! Says it in the name as to why they did it live.

They could of halved the program length by doing it pre recorded though which wouldn't of been bad in my opinion.

Edited by ShootingEgg