Winchester subs shortage, and Eley news

Heard in the gun shop this morning that there is a real shortage of Winchester subs (I had the last ones and they weren't sure when more were arriving) and that Eley's ammo manufacturing had either been outsourced to China or Eley had been sold to the Chinese, not sure which.

Must say i have never found RWS to hold a candle to the eley subs. But never been a fan of Winchesters that much either.

Winchesters were tops in my anschuts but when they changed the box colour they must have changed something else as well as they never preformed the same. rws were no good remingtoms are ok but i get feed problems (but it does say they are not suitable for semi autos on the box) CCi are ok up to about 60 yards but they are spot on in my cz . Eley are the next to try when i can get some as i'm on my last few old winchesters

Heard in the gun shop this morning that there is a real shortage of Winchester subs (I had the last ones and they weren't sure when more were arriving) and that Eley's ammo manufacturing had either been outsourced to China or Eley had been sold to the Chinese, not sure which.

You say South West, but where is that?? I just bought 600 Win subs from Bromsgrove Shooting Supplies. He said they had 6000 in stock... I think they're great! very hard hitting, and a good deep open hollow point. Does the job a treat!!

Having said that the winchesters did work well in my anschuts after the box colour change from blue to white I picked up a new box (black) today in the hope that they have changed whats in the box as well.

the shop had loads of winchesters, cci ans rws

Rws are very good subs. Accuracy is very good with very lowshot to shot variation can't remember a single popper or cracker

However they run. A good 2 " lower than most at 100 yards

This has an impact on people who think you can just go out and shoot the same zero and dope.

Last brick of Winchester went back to the shop before I finished the first box. Failure to fire failure to extract failure to hit what I was pointing at. Rims were out of spec wildly

if I shot everything at up to 60 yards I should buy rws all day long

`This morning I went to restock. CCI SSHPs are my 22 of choice, no stock, no known delivery date. Plenty of stock of Winchester ( tp greasy), RWS ( very different POI compared to all other brands) and Remmy though. CCI segmented and HV were in stock. No Eley of any sort.

6mm 65gr VMAX were also absent but I did find some 39gr SBKs for the 20.

A

Edited by Alycidon

I was given a few boxes of the newly packaged Winchesters, went out Wednesday and out for 40 shots I hit 10 and even then rabbits are waste as not all head shot.

I'll give them a way down the range and use the 500 older ones I have and know hit the mark every time. I will not be buying any more on e I run out and I'll then go back to the eley subs