Normal For Norfolk

JDog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see this program last night?

Desmond MacCarthy is a real star. There should be more like him.

I did see the program Mr JDog , we have still got a fair amount of characters like him who don't take life as seriously as some others do , one of many of Norfolk good ole boys.

Don't think there is anything normal about Norfolk. It's a bit like other parts of the U.K. It don't tend to get through traffic bringing in fresh genes. One of them places you go to because its planned. Bit like lots of Wales and top of Scotland.

Did anyone see this program last night?

Desmond MacCarthy is a real star. There should be more like him.

He took a chum and I duck shooting the evening before we were attending a shoot at North Barningham back in the late eighties/early nineties. He had a narrow strip of grassland running from the house down to the sea wall with just a few flashes on it. We were surrounded by wildfowl sanctuaries I think so there was plenty of duck about.

Don't think there is anything normal about Norfolk. It's a bit like other parts of the U.K. It don't tend to get through traffic bringing in fresh genes. One of them places you go to because its planned. Bit like lots of Wales and top of Scotland.

And "NESTON" on the Wirral ... DNA one person and you've got the villages whole profile ..

I think you are right figgy , Norfolk isn't normal but that's the way we like it , a bit like Marmite , you either love it or hate it and I love it and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else

Where , and what is normal in our country now ?

A real Norfolk gent with a wonderful relationship with his staff . Yes ,tucked away in our little corner of east Anglia .not many of us can read and Write .but what wonderful shooting and fishing we have here . I wonder how many members on here would like the opportunity to come and shoot with the big boys . Any body from outside of Norfolk who is really ,really desperate to shoot a few pigeons and is not frightened to come into deepest darkest Norfolk with a six fingered local boy then send me a PM at harvest time and if you are really man enough I will take you out .

Harnser

Said the very thick moron called figgy who says he lives in a ****hole called Hartlepool.

Edited by Whitebridges

Isn't Hartlepool the place where they hung the monkey for being a spy ?

Isn't Hartlepool the place where they hung the monkey for being a spy ?

It certainly was when we were at war with the French. The ships monkey was the only survivor washed onto the beach, the French sailors had made a little uniform and dressed the monkey in it. The folk wanted to just kill it but someone said no. So it was tried as a spy and hung. The Hartlepool Legend. Civilised even back then :lol:

Plenty online about it.

Edited by figgy

Watched it last night. What a smashing chap! His ol' mum is a game old bird too.

A lovely part of the world, and I must admit I watched with a little envy.

From the trailers, I see there is bit of shooting in it too, even more reason to watch it.

Used to get a lot of Vikings on day trips :lol: People only move there now when they are past breeding age