New Boots

Chris85

Someone was selling some Haix high liability boots here a while back at an absolute steal. Army issue gortex lined I doubt for the price you can get better. If you have the dollar and want new then you won't go far wrong with Alt berg, I have both and both are exeptionally comfy.

Found the link no idea if still available but looks aside these are awesome boots http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/335826-hiax-brown-high-liability-boots/

I just bought some Scarpa Delta GTX boots. They were painfully expensive, but my choices were limited. So far, so good. I went for quite a long walk in them without breaking them in and they were fine, no blisters. Fit is really important. My last pair of boots which I had for nearly a decade were in retrospect, a little too small and I really suffered doing a lot of downhill walking. The Scarpa boots come in half sizes which worked out well for me. I'm sure there are cheaper boots out there which are just as good, just something to bear in mind.

I have a pair of Scarpa GTX boots but they are a little low up the leg for support when walking on rough ground. Brilliant boots I do all my shooting in them at present and even were them for just popping out in and I also have a pair of Scarpa shoes as well I like them that much.

Cheers,

Had a look and there's a Alt Burg Factory Shop about 40mins drive from me so I'll have a look over and try them on.

What models do people have? Seems to be loads on the web site.

Hi Chris, when i got mine they measured your feet first. And he said you can have any colour you want, light brown or dark brown lol i got two tone. If you read there history its quite interseting.

I've got Altberg Mallerstangs and my daughter has Tetheras, both have had a lot of clobber and are great boots.We were both fitted at the factory shop and it was well worth the two trips up there from Leeds. Had a pair of my daughter's Scarpas re-soled there and nearly a year later one sole came loose, they were resoled again promptly and foc.

In my case I have a very broad right foot, due to a bunion, and needed a different sized boot from my left. This was done as a special order and the boots fit great. Wore them pretty much every day over winter and even this morning for dog walking. I can't recommend the products and service highly enough and yes the business is a great British success story.

Cheers,

Had a look and there's a Alt Burg Factory Shop about 40mins drive from me so I'll have a look over and try them on.

What models do people have? Seems to be loads on the web site.

when you get measured tell them they are for shooting and they will point you to the gamekeeper boots that I thing come in 5 width sizes and they fit like gloves best boots by far

Altbergs are expensive but I've not seen any £250 plus on the website, yeah your looking at £200 but then you spend most of the day in them so don't mind paying a premium for a fitted boot.

Being local to them has kind of swung it for me so I'll be having a run over next week to try them. Never know I might not like them.

Altbergs are expensive but I've not seen any £250 plus on the website, yeah your looking at £200 but then you spend most of the day in them so don't mind paying a premium for a fitted boot.

Being local to them has kind of swung it for me so I'll be having a run over next week to try them. Never know I might not like them.

Good man, i got a secondhand pair of ebay, cost me £60 and they had a big split in the top, was not very happy at all.

Get yourself on ebay and buy a pair of Haix military for around £50, they are as good as the Meindls i had at a 3rd of the price

The Haix or Karrimor SF boots are as good as any of the top brand boots, for a fraction of the cost. Ive worn boots for work every day for the last 35 years and whilst I have Altbergs for my day job, Haix are my other choice for wet outdoorsy stuff. Mine a 2 years old and still water tight. A good solid boot.

Meindl all day for me, had a pair of Burma pro for about 10yrs and just bought a pair of Meindl Vakuum for a change, the Burmas are still going but I got a good deal on Vakuum so treat myself, they get used for ferreting shooting hawking etc and I have never had a problem with ankle support and we hunt on some pretty steep hills.