Ever been Fooled

anser2

panoma you were obviously not watching the same TV interviews with Gould, Boris, Duncan-smith and several others on the leave side when they claimed that the £350 million would be better spent on the NHS. I must have seen the claim repeated a dozen times on TV and radio. Selective viewing perhaps.

Edited by anser2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

panoma you were obviously not watching the same TV interviews with Gould, Boris, Duncan-smith and several others on the leave side when they claimed that the £350 million would be better spent on the NHS. I must have seen the claim repeated a dozen times on TV and radio. Selective viewing perhaps.

So you agree then that they said "better spent on the NHS"....... not as you claimed in post 46 that the "NHS would get 350m per week extra after leaving the EU"?

In the latest of several dramatic plot twists concerning the EU referendum, it appears the person who set up the petition calling for a second referendum, which has amassed more than 3 million signatures, was actually a Leave campaigner who thought Remain was on course to win.

William Oliver Healey states on his Facebook page that he is standing for the right-wing nationalist political party the English Democrats in Leicestershire. He set up the petition on May 25 when he assumed Remain was on course to clinch the vote, according to his Facebook page.

Typical of the leave tactics.

anser 2 you make I laugh as they say in Wiltshire, talk about politicians putting their own spin on things of course the remainiacs were honest, truthful and honourable throughout the whole campaign.You have to get it into your pretty little head the people have decided, lets move on but as i said "You do make I laugh" I just get this image of you stood there with your face screwed up stamping your feet in a temper tantrum

Edited by geordieh

THE DESTRUCTION OF BRITAIN BY THE EU

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.

Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.

Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.

British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.

Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.

M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.

Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.

Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.

Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.

Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.

Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.

Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.

ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs.

Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.

JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.

UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.

Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.

Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.

The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.

Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.

39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU.

The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK.

The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

(These aren't my words I cut and pasted it from another website)

Edited by Vince Green

Swings and roundabouts. Last year the EU gave over 6 billion in grants to UK business. Yes we have lost out in some cases , but also we have gained in others. Many of the firms that have left the UK were in search of cheap labour and if they had not gone to Eastern Europe then they would hve gone elsewhere in the world, India perhaps.

Half the problem is the Tory govenment not taking up the grants.

"British firms miss billions in EU grants

SMALL firms are losing out on billions of pounds of European grants because the government is not applying for them, according to a special report by a group of Conservative MEPs"

The wannabe PM ( Grove ) also pledged an extra £100 million a week to the NHS under ‘Brexit’ - £250 million less than the figure emblazoned on the infamous battle bus - as he admitted he “did not want” to stand for Tory party leadership.

And in what appeared to be a major change of tack, he refused to recommit to the Tory manifesto pledge to get net migration down below 100,000 a year.

Swings and roundabouts. Last year the EU gave over 6 billion in grants to UK business. Yes we have lost out in some cases , but also we have gained in others. Many of the firms that have left the UK were in search of cheap labour and if they had not gone to Eastern Europe then they would hve gone elsewhere in the world, India perhaps.

Half the problem is the Tory govenment not taking up the grants.

"British firms miss billions in EU grants

SMALL firms are losing out on billions of pounds of European grants because the government is not applying for them, according to a special report by a group of Conservative MEPs"

Well it's very kind of the EU to return some of OUR money in the form of grants I must say.

However, if some of these 'grants' aren't being applied for that is indeed the fault of the UK government... though I do find it pretty reprehensible that we have to apply for what is actually UK taxpayers money in the first place.

The wannabe PM ( Grove ) also pledged an extra £100 million a week to the NHS under ‘Brexit’ - £250 million less than the figure emblazoned on the infamous battle bus - as he admitted he “did not want” to stand for Tory party leadership.

And in what appeared to be a major change of tack, he refused to recommit to the Tory manifesto pledge to get net migration down below 100,000 a year.

I'm sure the NHS will be happy with an extra £100m a week irrespective of what someone wrote on a bus. However, if you were to actually read what was displayed on the bus, nowhere does it say that £350m would all go to the NHS.

Well it's very kind of the EU to return some of OUR money in the form of grants I must say.

However, if some of these 'grants' aren't being applied for that is indeed the fault of the UK government... though I do find it pretty reprehensible that we have to apply for what is actually UK taxpayers money in the first place.

I'm sure the NHS will be happy with an extra £100m a week irrespective of what someone wrote on a bus. However, if you were to actually read what was displayed on the bus, nowhere does it say that £350m would all go to the NHS.

Isn't that a bit like VW claiming publishing certain fuel figures to get you to but the vehicle when they knew full well that they were dubious figures in the first place.

Do think that many many thought the implication was that the whole amount was going back to the NHS

Of course you have to apply for a grant, how else is anyone going to know you want a grant unless you ask for it. In just the same way if you want a grant from your local council you have to ask for it first and them taxes gathered from the public might be used to give you a grant. At least a dozen times Boris, Grove and Duncan Smith said the £350 million should be spent on the NHS live on TV , but like most of their lies they are going back on their word. Just as Grove and Boris have started to back track on the immigrant question. Many people in the UK public believed these lies and now knowing what the truth is have changed their mind. Personally I think these fools who dragged us out of the EU and have set the country on a course to ruin should be prosecuted for treason along with that little German from UKIP who shows so much hatred for the EU that he is stirring up trouble in other EU countries that have nothing to do with him and who has done so much to poison relations between the EU and the UK.. There have always been a die hard group of EU haters as can bee seen on here , but never the less a large section of the British public have been fooled by a group of politicians who used and are still using the referendum as a tool to find their way into No 10 Downing Street and do not care what damage they do to the country in getting there. Through the referendum I never took the work of any politician on the remain or leave side , but researched the topic myself and drew my own conclusions. Its a pity a few more did not do the same and we might not be in this mess. As things stand all we can look forward to are much higher prices , higher unemployment decline in our economic out look and the whole world laughing down on Little England. It makes me ashamed to be English.

Edited by anser2

Of course you have to apply for a grant, how else is anyone going to know you want a grant unless you ask for it. In just the same way if you want a grant from your local council you have to ask for it first and them taxes gathered from the public might be used to give you a grant. At least a dozen times Boris, Grove and Duncan Smith said the £350 million should be spent on the NHS live on TV , but like most of their lies they are going back on their word. Just as Grove and Boris have started to back track on the immagrant. Many people in the UK public beleved these lies and now knowing what the truth is have changed their mind. Personaly I think these fools who dragged us out of the EU and have set the country on a course to ruin should be prosecuted for treason along with that little German from UKIP who shows so much hatred for the EU that he is stirring up trouble in other EU countries that have nothing to do with him and who has done so much to posion relations between the EU and the UK.. There have always been a die hard group of EU haters as can bee seen on here , but never the less a large section of the British public have been fooled by a group of politicians who used and are still using the referendum as a tool to find their way into No 10 Downing Street and do not care what damage they do to the country in getting there. Throught the referendum I never took the work of any politician on the remain or leave side , but researched the topic myself and drew my own conclusions. Its a pity a few more did not do the same and we might not be in this mess. As things stand all we can look forward to are much higher prices , higher unemployment decline in our economic out look and the whole world laughing down on Little England. It makes me ashamed to be English.[/size]

Don't be daft the EU is a nightmare and one the people wanted out of glad we will soon be out of it

. Personally I think these fools who dragged us out of the EU and have set the country on a course to ruin should be prosecuted for treason along with that little German from UKIP who shows so much hatred for the EU that he is stirring up trouble in other EU countries that have nothing to do with him and who has done so much to poison relations between the EU and the UK.. There have always been a die hard group of EU haters as can bee seen on here , but never the less a large section of the British public have been fooled by a group of politicians who used and are still using the referendum as a tool to find their way into No 10 Downing Street and do not care what damage they do to the country in getting there. Through the referendum I never took the work of any politician on the remain or leave side , but researched the topic myself and drew my own conclusions. Its a pity a few more did not do the same and we might not be in this mess. As things stand all we can look forward to are much higher prices , higher unemployment decline in our economic out look and the whole world laughing down on Little England. It makes me ashamed to be English.

A few points:

You bring up treason. As ridiculous as the idea is, according to the definition . . .

"Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]."

Well that seems more applicable to those who voted for remain.

You call Farage German when he was born here.

"Farage was born in Downe, England, as the son of Barbara (née Stevens) and Guy Justus Oscar Farage. The Farage name comes from a distant Huguenot ancestor. One of his great-grandfathers was born to German parents who migrated to London in the 19th century. His grandfather, Private Harry Farage, fought in World War I and was wounded near Vimy Ridge at Arras."

A certain amount of irony there as you support a side that is happy to see unlimited migration and yet you insult a man about his ancestry. I thought it was us leavers that were supposed to be the intolerant racists?

As for the future state of the economy well you`re just guessing, or basing your theory on those economic models the remain side loved so much. No one can, with certainty, state what the future holds for us. But we are already seeing that negotiations with the EU may well be far better than your pessimistic outlook suggests and we have already had several large nations that the EU has no trade deals with approach us and say they are interested in trading with us.

Quote " seriously injure the [parent nation]." And thats just what the leave politicians are in the prossess of doing by badly damaging the nations finances.

If my great gran parents moved to India from England 100 years ago, my gran parents and parents lived there and in turn I lived there does that make me Indian? Of course not I am still English. Just because Farage was born in England that does not make him English. Farage's great gran parents are a mix of German parentage and just because his gran father fought on the English side that still does not change the fact he is of Germanic origin. Mr Farage’s grandmother, born Gladys Schrod, descends from German immigrants who fled to Britain in search of work and a better way of life. It’s a secret he has kept close to his chest ever since his election to Ukip’s leadership in 2006.

In the many interviews the party leader has given in the past decade, he has never referred to his German ancestry. Neither do his ancestors rate a mention in his self-congratulatory memoirs Flying Free.

Indeed, in the book he refers to his grandmother Gladys Schrod as having ‘Georgette Heyer-style aspirations’, apparently all very English, all very decorous.

Why, Nick Robinson asked, did Mr Farage give the job of secretary to a German when it could have gone to a Brit?

Mr Farage insisted that ‘nobody else could do that job’, which included checking emails for him at midnight. He might have added: ‘Germans are very hard-working, as I should know – my people come from Frankfurt

Many people who fought on the the British side were German, Farage attempted to cover up his origins keeping very quiet even saying his great gran parents were not German because the country of Germany did not exist when they moved as immigrants to England despite the fact that Germanic people have lived in the area now called Germany for thousands of years. Farage has kept his German ties and married a German wife.

Quote "As for the future state of the economy well you`re just guessing". I am not guessing, over the last few months I read dozens of reports and spent evening after evening following up the web sources from people who work in the countries economy and business before making up my mind to vote leave or stay. The vast majority predicted that the UK was going into decline.

Even if they were wrong ( which so far they have not been ) their was little reason to predict anything other than a secure future for the UK inside the EU. In contrast the leave side were taking a leap into the unknown if the vain hope everything would be alright. Sheer recklessness and Pie in the Sky politics.

Quote "But we are already seeing that negotiations with the EU may well be far better than your pessimistic outlook suggests and we have already had several large nations that the EU has no trade deals with approach us and say they are interested in trading with us."

There is nothing to stop up trading with them and still stay inside the EU. I use Winchester cartridges , made in the US , but we do not have a trade deal with the US. Our biggest trader was the EU by a very long way and it will take a very long time , if we ever do manage it to replace that level of trade. One of the major countries who the leavers are pressing to trade with China is to say the least untrustworthy and could turn off the tap at any time. South America is also suggested to replace the EU. The major South American countries are to say the least in a shaky economic condition and the UK is not welcome. Look at their stance over the Falklands. Any UK ship visiting the Falklands is banned from entering their ports. None of the African countries is in a economic state to replace the EU , so that leaves the US and a handful of Asian countries , and O, I forgot Russia. I am sure Putin will welcome us with open arms.

Edited by anser2

Jeez

If we're talking about nations who fought along side each other then let's not forget all the 'Poles' who determinedly fought.

Oh I forgot- these are the very people some wish to see 'leave' the country.

Personally I'm deeply embarrassed by this 'newfound' attitude to anyone not born in the UK.

I as many know- live and work for an overseas company and was yesterday informed by one of our drivers that their daughter had been on a trip in the UK this week and was subject to abuse and asked "why are you here".

This is simple unacceptable on so many levels- not least that we rely heavily on Tourism and to insult these very people who are spending their monies here is also more likely to result in local businesses going under as their takings drop.

It's a vicious circle and for those who say it won't/can't happen then look at what turmoil occurred with the Markets over a 'Countries opinion'

Banking and Bankers- as the above, you may wish to be rid of them but how many industries/ local businesses rely on see Bankers.

Quote " seriously injure the [parent nation]." And thats just what the leave politicians are in the prossess of doing by badly damaging the nations finances.

If my great gran parents moved to India from England 100 years ago, my gran parents and parents lived there and in turn I lived there does that make me Indian? Of course not I am still English. Just because Farage was born in England that does not make him English. Farage's great gran parents are a mix of German \ French parentage and just because his gran father fought on the English side that still does not change the fact he is of Germanic origin. Many people who fought on the the British side were German, Farage attempted to cover up his origins keeping very quiet even saying his gran parents were not German because the country of Germany did not exist when they moved as immigrants to England despite the fact that Germanic people have lived in the area now called Germany for thousands of years. Farage has kept his German ties and married a German wife.

Quote "As for the future state of the economy well you`re just guessing". I am not guessing, over the last few months I read dozens of reports and spent evening after evening following up the web sources from people who work in the countries economy and business before making up my mind to vote leave or stay. The vast majority predicted that the UK was going into decline.

Even if they were wrong ( which so far they have not been ) their was little reason to predict anything other than a secure future for the UK inside the EU. In contrast the leave side were taking a leap into the unknown if the vain hope everything would be alright. Sheer recklessness and Pie in the Sky politics.

Sorry old son that`s not going to cut it. You can`t just nick a few words from a definition to make it suit your purpose. Well, you can try but it`s not going to wash with me. The actual definition of what you have quoted is

".[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government seriously injure the [parent nation]."

So again such an argument could not be applied to any leave voter irrespective of whether their decision causes damage to our nation.

If you`re born in a country you`re a national of that country. The only exception would be if you had dual nationality. By your logic most of the country are either Norman French or Vikings. Or perhaps we should go back a little further to the Angles and Saxons? We`re all pretty much German if you want to follow that particular dubious logic. It`s just such a pathetic argument you`re making. Again, how can you hold a man`s ancestry against him when you favour open immigration?

Unless you have a crystal ball you are guessing. It might be an informed guess, but it`s still a guess. Economic models don`t hold up any more than weather models do once you`re past a very short time period.

A secure future inside a stagnating trade block that is seeking to ever more control the lives of it`s citizens and that may well face economic ruin if the eurozone crisis continues. Sounds great . . . Not!

Such doom and gloom. We will be fine. Even Cameron said we`d be fine outside the EU.

Many people who fought on the the British side were German, Farage attempted to cover up his origins keeping very quiet even saying his great gran parents were not German because the country of Germany did not exist when they moved as immigrants to England despite the fact that Germanic people have lived in the area now called Germany for thousands of years. Farage has kept his German ties and married a German wife.

That is quite a staggering statement to make 'He tried to cover up his ancestry' why ? How can anyone within the public eye and with a name like Farage ,cover anything up ?

When his ancestors came to this country,Germany as a country did not exist,this is true,why do you try to make it sound like a falsehood ?

So he took a German wife..so what ?

Im not being funny here ,but if these experts are so clever at predicting the future,and have such a great track record,why does no one ever listen to them?

Get with it ,they are being proved wrong already, day 8 .

Pie in the sky politics you say ? Sheer recklessness? Have a think about that for a minute.

For Europe to work how the EU wants,we all need to be as rich as each other,have the same currency,taxes ,interest rates and political mindset, oh and I forgot to achieve all this we need to chuck democracy out the window.

Ill spell it out for you,the only way for us to stay in the EU is to drag ourselves or be dragged down,to be made poorer,so other countries can be made richer.

Look at the Med countries,how has it worked out for them ?

It isnt rocket science is it?

"It's better to be thought of as a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" eh?

If my great gran parents moved to India from England 100 years ago, my gran parents and parents lived there and in turn I lived there does that make me Indian? Of course not I am still English. Just because Farage was born in England that does not make him English. Farage's great gran parents are a mix of German parentage and just because his gran father fought on the English side that still does not change the fact he is of Germanic origin. Mr Farages grandmother, born Gladys Schrod, descends from German immigrants who fled to Britain in search of work and a better way of life. Its a secret he has kept close to his chest ever since his election to Ukips leadership in 2006.

In the many interviews the party leader has given in the past decade, he has never referred to his German ancestry. Neither do his ancestors rate a mention in his self-congratulatory memoirs Flying Free.

Indeed, in the book he refers to his grandmother Gladys Schrod as having Georgette Heyer-style aspirations, apparently all very English, all very decorous.

Why, Nick Robinson asked, did Mr Farage give the job of secretary to a German when it could have gone to a Brit?

Mr Farage insisted that nobody else could do that job, which included checking emails for him at midnight. He might have added: Germans are very hard-working, as I should know my people come from Frankfurt

Quote "But we are already seeing that negotiations with the EU may well be far better than your pessimistic outlook suggests and we have already had several large nations that the EU has no trade deals with approach us and say they are interested in trading with us."

There is nothing to stop up trading with them and still stay inside the EU. I use Winchester cartridges , made in the US , but we do not have a trade deal with the US. Our biggest trader was the EU by a very long way and it will take a very long time , if we ever do manage it to replace that level of trade. One of the major countries who the leavers are pressing to trade with China is to say the least untrustworthy and could turn off the tap at any time. South America is also suggested to replace the EU. The major South American countries are to say the least in a shaky economic condition and the UK is not welcome. Look at their stance over the Falklands. Any UK ship visiting the Falklands is banned from entering their ports. None of the African countries is in a economic state to replace the EU , so that leaves the US and a handful of Asian countries , and O, I forgot Russia. I am sure Putin will welcome us with open arms.

Edited by panoma1

Through the referendum I never took the work of any politician on the remain or leave side , but researched the topic myself and drew my own conclusions. Its a pity a few more did not do the same and we might not be in this mess. As things stand all we can look forward to are much higher prices , higher unemployment decline in our economic out look and the whole world laughing down on Little England. It makes me ashamed to be English.

Interesting.

So what did your research tell you about the EU institutions themselves and how they came into being, what's there primary purpose and what are their plans for the future of Europe?

You've mentioned the economic apocalypse we're apparently going to suffer, but that's just repeating the remain campigns 'Project Fear' rhetoric.

I would have hoped that had you done any serious research you could have come up with a bit more than a few headline grabbing straplines.

THE DESTRUCTION OF BRITAIN BY THE EU

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.

Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.

Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.

British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.

Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.

Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.

M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.

Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.

Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.

Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.

Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.

Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.

Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.

ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs.

Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.

JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.

UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.

Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.

Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.

The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.

Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.

39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU.

The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK.

The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

(These aren't my words I cut and pasted it from another website)

CORRECT !

Of course you have to apply for a grant, how else is anyone going to know you want a grant unless you ask for it. In just the same way if you want a grant from your local council you have to ask for it first and them taxes gathered from the public might be used to give you a grant. At least a dozen times Boris, Grove and Duncan Smith said the £350 million should be spent on the NHS live on TV , but like most of their lies they are going back on their word. Just as Grove and Boris have started to back track on the immigrant question. Many people in the UK public believed these lies and now knowing what the truth is have changed their mind. Personally I think these fools who dragged us out of the EU and have set the country on a course to ruin should be prosecuted for treason along with that little German from UKIP who shows so much hatred for the EU that he is stirring up trouble in other EU countries that have nothing to do with him and who has done so much to poison relations between the EU and the UK.. There have always been a die hard group of EU haters as can bee seen on here , but never the less a large section of the British public have been fooled by a group of politicians who used and are still using the referendum as a tool to find their way into No 10 Downing Street and do not care what damage they do to the country in getting there. Through the referendum I never took the work of any politician on the remain or leave side , but researched the topic myself and drew my own conclusions. Its a pity a few more did not do the same and we might not be in this mess. As things stand all we can look forward to are much higher prices , higher unemployment decline in our economic out look and the whole world laughing down on Little England. It makes me ashamed to be English.

Why not leave then? There,s a lot of room in Slovakia for you, as they are all here!

Then I see Tony Blair on TV last night saying effectively "Its only a referendum we don't have to pay any attention to that, lets keep our options open"

What a slimeball

This is typical "socialist" political response from local government right through to the EU commission - we have conned you into voting for us now do as we say, because we have the power for us and we know what is best! (what is best for us that is)

Then I see Tony Blair on TV last night saying effectively "Its only a referendum we don't have to pay any attention to that, lets keep our options open"

What a slimeball

Tony Blair should keep his opinions to himself, he's got some cheek, worst prime minister since Margret Thatcher (possibly worse than her actually) and about to have the enquiry published which if my instinct proves right will probably show him as a war criminal