The rubbish they spout in schools

Benthejockey

The girl child came home from brownies tonight and started chatting about school. Apparently they were discussing America today and her teacher told her that 98% of all Americans carry concealed guns just to shoot each other and there are 38 school shootings a week. Now I got my maths GCSE and percentages were on the test paper. According to the teacher there's about 6million Americans not carrying guns in the whole of the country. With a population of just under 325million I really struggle to believe her statistics are right. That's a whole lot of babies and toddlers packing heat! What irritated me is she is a teacher and the kids believe she knows what she's talking about. Filling their heads with nonesense inthougt was a job for tv and the interwebs!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes well, at £25,000 a year it's a decent job that quite well paid but honestly isn't that hard and doesn't require the best or brightest of the country men and women.

I've met some women/ girls who are primary school teachers, they're thicker than custard. All they've got to learn to do is understand work at a primary school level and pass the Uni course.

In the past if you were a teacher you'd be thought of as a intellectual, now a days it's for people who like list of holiday 😂

The girl child came home from brownies tonight and started chatting about school. Apparently they were discussing America today and her teacher told her that 98% of all Americans carry concealed guns just to shoot each other and there are 38 school shootings a week. Now I got my maths GCSE and percentages were on the test paper. According to the teacher there's about 6million Americans not carrying guns in the whole of the country. With a population of just under 325million I really struggle to believe her statistics are right. That's a whole lot of babies and toddlers packing heat! What irritated me is she is a teacher and the kids believe she knows what she's talking about. Filling their heads with nonesense inthougt was a job for tv and the interwebs!

It just might be that your daughter does not have a perfect recollection of what the teacher said.

Dental receptionists.

Yeah! Let's beat up dental receptionists like the lazy cow who wasn't there at 4:45pm today when I called for some emergency pain relief, won't be there tomorrow due to something that happened a hundred years ago, and so I'm stuck with toothache until Monday! And that goes for both dentists too! :unhappy:

Yes well, at £25,000 a year it's a decent job that quite well paid but honestly isn't that hard and doesn't require the best or brightest of the country men and women.

I've met some women/ girls who are primary school teachers, they're thicker than custard. All they've got to learn to do is understand work at a primary school level and pass the Uni course.

In the past if you were a teacher you'd be thought of as a intellectual, now a days it's for people who like list of holiday

Seriously !!!!!

My missus is a teacher who has two degrees works 70 hrs a week and pretty much all of the holidays, post your profession up so we can take an opiniated response to that

Yeah! Let's beat up dental receptionists like the lazy cow who wasn't there at 4:45pm today when I called for some emergency pain relief, won't be there tomorrow due to something that happened a hundred years ago, and so I'm stuck with toothache until Monday! And that goes for both dentists too! :unhappy:

When I was a young man you always had your dentist appointment in the morning with our dentist...he went to the George at 12 for a 2 hour lunch and was always completely bladdered in the afternoon.

He looked a bit like Bob Hope s we called him Painless Peter Potter. This scene still cracks me up 45 years after I first saw it . Apologies' for hijacking the thread.

Edited by Adge Cutler

In the past if you were a teacher you'd be thought of as a intellectual, now a days it's for people who like list of holiday

you really need to have a chat with my wife. you could work alongside her for a week if you wanted she teaches and manages a year at school. trust me she does not finish at 3:15. i would not under any circumstances work the hours they do for the money they get paid and stress there under.

In the past if you were a teacher you'd be thought of as a intellectual, now a days it's for people who like list of holiday 😂

U iz so funy.

From a teacha.

However, I must say, it's significantly more than £25,000 one earns, after hitting 20 years in the same job and enjoying it every day.

However the holidays are satisfactory.

Edited by markm

Guys, some of you really need to get out more.

Sadly we still have some poor teachers. Most teachers IMHO are truly wonderful. The work they deliver day in day out is just amazing- they work with mixed ability classes, a lot of classes have kids that are on the autism spectrum. Working with kids that are both ends of the spectrum is something you have to see to appreciate.

On top of all of this they have to deal with parents..... I really wonder why they turn up for work.

Volunteer at your local school for a term. You will learn so much more than you did when you went to school.

It's truly amazing.

Malcolm

😂😂😂

I NEVER said all teachers are thick lol. I did say it doesn't attract the country's best and brightest as I feel it doesn't have the prestige it used to!

I also stated I have met some teachers who are thick (As I imagine in most jobs there are some thickun's!)

For those offended, I genuinely apologise! Unlike some on here I'm not out to troll and wind up!

Teaching is probably one of the most important jobs in the country (or world even) and deserves more prestige.

For anyone who wants to bash me I'm a third year social work student 😂 Crack on!

Edited by Lloyd90