Buckingham palace to get 369m revamp

blackbird

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean that you are a Republic of Ireland passport holder?

By the way, if you want to enter into a discussion of semantics - and call people ignorant - at least learn to spell...

Aside from the fact that your grammar leaves a lot to be desired, waiting for me to make a spelling mistake so you could jump in and deliver your weak punches is quite petty. Come back to this thread when you've wised up a bit.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Democracy sees to that. I'm not going any further with an Irish politics debate. It'll get us nowhere.

I agree with both your points Cannon, it never was an Irish political debate and thank goodness we live in a democracy although we may disagree on some of the issues being discussed in this thread and around the British Isles in general , aunty liz`s big house in London will get refurbished no mater how it is paid for nor what we discuss on this forum after all where will the USA president elect visit HRH and be wined & dined at the tax payers expense. Maybe he will take liz up to Turnberry for tea at his expense

The good friday agreement allows me to be british or Irish. My nationality is Irish, therefore your arguement is pointless.

On that note, are you a british subject, or a british citizen? If you see yourself as a british subject, then you are also part of the problem, and ignorant to the fact as well. By definition, a subject is a person who has been brought under control by another person or organisation, typically by forceful means. I don't know about you, but I would never allow anybody to deem me less of a person than they are through the use of belittling methods. One such method is the use of the english language by the upper class, royals and arostocrats to elevate themselves above all others.

Be that as it may, The Belfast Agreement 1 (vi) does not alter the fact that NI still remains part of the UK, so unless at some time in the future a majority determines otherwise, you are part of the UK and the Queen is your constitutional monarch. You may be a republican, but the fact still remains that she is your queen and you contribute to the costs.

Be that as it may, The Belfast Agreement 1 (vi) does not alter the fact that NI still remains part of the UK, so unless at some time in the future a majority determines otherwise, you are part of the UK and the Queen is your constitutional monarch. You may be a republican, but the fact still remains that she is your queen and you contribute to the costs.

The only way for a person from Northern Ireland to avoid that is to claim an Irish passport (as is their right) and move south of the border.

Then you get to pay for the bailing out of banks (Irish and German) instead of paying for the Queen.

Pick your poison.

Edited by iano

It was an estimate from.a.lot of research (not done by myself) you do know her assets are around 20 billion pounds? And she is poncing hundreds of millions from the taxpayer while there are thousands of homeless children and people forced to use foodbanks? what a great example to set from a country's ruler eh? That money could house a lot of children and provide them with a hot meal every day, it's not like she actually needs it or can justify taking it with that type of wealth hanging about, I think it's immoral, selfish, greedy and disgusting

Totally agree

Reading in the news today that the Government are stumping up several £ millions to save Wentworth Woodhouse from ruin brought about by mining subsidence and historic short sighted management policies. Anyone who has seen "The Big House" as it is locally known will know just how beautiful the building and estate are. It has a herd of red deer in the grounds and there are three pheasant shoots to my knowledge based on attached land. The estate also extends out to the Pennine moors where grouse shooting is carried out.

300px-Wentworth_Woodhouse_East_Front.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Woodhouse

I used to train my police dog on the lawn in front of the house on this photo and in the fields and woods nearby. Happy days, and I'm glad to see it is being cared for.

Cannon, on 22 Nov 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

The good friday agreement allows me to be british or Irish. My nationality is Irish, therefore your arguement is pointless.

On that note, are you a british subject, or a british citizen? If you see yourself as a british subject, then you are also part of the problem, and ignorant to the fact as well. By definition, a subject is a person who has been brought under control by another person or organisation, typically by forceful means. I don't know about you, but I would never allow anybody to deem me less of a person than they are through the use of belittling methods. One such method is the use of the english language by the upper class, royals and arostocrats to elevate themselves above all others.

Cannon, on 22 Nov 2016 - 1:00 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Democracy sees to that. I'm not going any further with an Irish politics debate. It'll get us nowhere.

What no response?

I presume you are a UK passport holder and therefore a British subject. Alas, terrorism did not unite Ireland and the Union flag still flies over its government buildings. However, one positive - if you can call it that - of the Troubles s the stonking amounts of ring-fenced central government money that props up Northern Ireland.

I believe that people is glass houses shouldn't throw stones. On the basis that billions of taxpayer pounds subsides Northern Ireland, moaning on what we also pay for the Royals is hypocritical.

At least the Royals do something useful. Can we say that about Sinn Fein and their acolytes?

What no response?

I presume you are a UK passport holder and therefore a British subject. Alas, terrorism did not unite Ireland and the Union flag still flies over its government buildings. However, one positive - if you can call it that - of the Troubles s the stonking amounts of ring-fenced central government money that props up Northern Ireland.

I believe that people is glass houses shouldn't throw stones. On the basis that billions of taxpayer pounds subsides Northern Ireland, moaning on what we also pay for the Royals is hypocritical.

At least the Royals do something useful. Can we say that about Sinn Fein and their acolytes?

I thought you'd finished yapping, but obviously not.

Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. We live in a democratic society, yet you seem to think that the opinion of others doesn't matter. Talk about hypocrisy.

Reading in the news today that the Government are stumping up several £ millions to save Wentworth Woodhouse from ruin brought about by mining subsidence and historic short sighted management policies. Anyone who has seen "The Big House" as it is locally known will know just how beautiful the building and estate are. It has a herd of red deer in the grounds and there are three pheasant shoots to my knowledge based on attached land. The estate also extends out to the Pennine moors where grouse shooting is carried out.

300px-Wentworth_Woodhouse_East_Front.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Woodhouse

I used to train my police dog on the lawn in front of the house on this photo and in the fields and woods nearby. Happy days, and I'm glad to see it is being cared for.

Lovely building. IIRC it has the largest frontage of any house in England.

When it was up for sale my history lecturer was hoping to win the lottery so she could buy it. She loved the place because it was where "her Marquis" had lived.

Great news that it's being looked after.

Cannon, on 24 Nov 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

I thought you'd finished yapping, but obviously not.

Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. We live in a democratic society, yet you seem to think that the opinion of others doesn't matter. Talk about hypocrisy.

That's very intemperate language from one British subject to another.

All together now:

"God save our gracious Queen!

Long live our noble Queen..."

That's very intemperate language from one British subject to another.

All together now:

"God save our gracious queen!

God won't save anybody in particular, as in his eyes we are all equal. That's the first mistake of your flawed national anthem.

Long live our noble queen...

Nobility is a farce. Again we are all equal. The idea of wanting to prolong the life of 'noble' people serves to ensure the 'normal' citizens are kept in a state of borderline poverty"

im not much of a royalist....its the perifery that i have a big problem with............i havnt a problem with liz&co......it was our fault anyway as it was built on a swamp and on the cheap.....the country needs a focal point and thats it

(houses of parliament....different matter........50 tonnes of gunpowder should sort that problem out)

Ha Ha.... didn't somebody else try that :lol:

bit odd that someone who isn't a British subject is obsessed with our Queen and national anthem.

I don't know about you, but my interpretation of the word 'obsessed' is considerably different from yours. It appears that flashman has demonstrated an element of obsession. I have merely offered an opinion, and have demonstrated no obsession with your national anthem whatsoever.

The English and the Irish shouting at each other about being British. When everyone concerned I think in this thread resides in the United Kingdom.

Well it would hardly be a Kingdom without a monarch! And (yes And! Because I'm not going to win the Pulitzer with this post) the Irish (at least in Ireland the state not the island) love the royals. They can't get enough of them on O'Connell Street.

Maybe they will rejoin the Commonwealth. Now that would throw a spanner in a pointless debate.

the Irish (at least in Ireland the state not the island) love the royals. They can't get enough of them on O'Connell Street.

I remember taking this photo before the first visit of Queen to Dublin

206415_557389759664_1112900_n.jpg?oh=fa9

I'm really impressed that a bunch of rabid republican psychopaths (eirigi) were against protesting the Royal visit...

Edited by iano

There's nobody protesting! Looks like you had to fight your way through the crowds of opressed to get close enough to take that photo! 😁 Told you. Ireland is just the same as the US of A. They got out of the club, but they love monarchy!

Is so like...... Disney. Princes and princesses.... Castles.... You gotta love it!

Edited by Dr D