best ways to avoid colds without avoiding people

wandringstar

Well,mine started on the 15th december.Started with the classic cold,stayed off work for a couple of days.

It had just started to get better a few days ago,then,yesterday i felt unwell. As the day progressed,aches and pains,light headed so phoned the doctor.He got me straight into the surgery,did a load of tests then told me i had picked up the flu virus.He has put me on 2000mg a day of Cefalexin antibiotics,advised i stayed home for a week as im highly contageous.

So here i am,full of flu,feeling like death thinking what a great start to 2017.

You're not being treated for flu, never would a dr prescribe antibiotics for flu.

Forgot to add,i have also picked up a urinary tract infection.

Edit, didn't see this, that's why you're on AB's Edited by kyska

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

That's because I was a prolific nose picker

No, the reason I asked is because when I was young I used to catch every cold going, even had phenomena when I was 11, but from the age of 25 I have had less and less colds/flu, I now only get one every 3-5 years, I don't take any supplements, must have built up some resistance from all those colds/flu when younger, as everyone I have been around as had a cold or flu but its not got me......yet.

Bet it was hard picking your nose when you had a cold.

No, the reason I asked is because when I was young I used to catch every cold going, even had phenomena when I was 11, but from the age of 25 I have had less and less colds/flu, I now only get one every 3-5 years, I don't take any supplements, must have built up some resistance from all those colds/flu when younger, as everyone I have been around as had a cold or flu but its not got me......yet.

Bet it was hard picking your nose when you had a cold.

It must be the build up of BOGIES in your belly that fight off the germs.

I can just imagine it now, a little corner of your belly with hundreds of little green bogies just sitting there waiting to fight of the cold gems. :lol:

It must be the build up of BOGIES in your belly that fight off the germs.

I can just imagine it now, a little corner of your belly with hundreds of little green bogies just sitting there waiting to fight of the cold gems. :lol:

Hello Dougy..well don't know about bogies but my mom told me she found me in the coal house when I was about 5 and I was eating coal, must be the charcoal acting as a bug filter. :lol::hmm:

A lot of companies, mine included, now have 'flexible' working you come in, find a free desk, log into PC and phone and away you go. Including picking up all of the germs that the previous left there. I have just looked at my keyboard and it looks like somebody has left their breakfast in it. Disgusting.

I don't think this will help control the spread of bugs and viruses.

I'm off today with man flu.

I was only looking at my Facebook memory's this week and I was ill 5 years ago. I thought I'd done well .

I'm never off work but I get a cold occasionally which affects my asthma but I still get up and go work.

Felt like in dying since 3am tho . Shakes and shivers

Edited by team tractor

I'm off today with man flu.

I was only looking at my Facebook memory's this week and I was ill 5 years ago. I thought I'd done well .

I'm never off work but I get a cold occasionally which affects my asthma but I still get up and go work.

Felt like in dying since 3am tho . Shakes and shivers

I can empathise with you there, I've got a stinker of a cold and dry cough, asthma has been really acting up to the point where the only thing to ease it is the nebuliser couple of times a day rather than inhaler.

Hope you feel better soon Nathan.

the asthma caught me out, I hadn't had this happen for 10 years and felt I had grown out of this in the main, consequently the inhalers I had were old and ineffective, its a very frightening scenario, the hospital were marvellous, I was nebulised, given steroid tablets, they even gave me a drip, blood tests and a chest x ray, all carried out as a walk in A and E situation, I was home within a few hours.

it would be nice to avoid all of this, without getting the cold in the first place,

thanks for the replies.

p.s my inhalers will be renewed annually, that's for sure.

If you get the brown inhaler, you'll also get the free annual flu jab.