How low can people get

Davyo

It was meant tongue in cheek, I could add why do we pay for the police when you report someone selling a stolen phone and.they can't be bothered to put their donuts down and go round there? Would you be happy with that response if it was your iPhone or your daughters that you had reported and they weren't interested?

I hope they are not eating donuts.... why should they be eating when we are paying them to do a job

On a typical day in a typical force there is approximately one officer on duty for every 1,753 people living in a force area.

On a typical day, officers in that force will make 50 arrests, deal with 101 anti-social behaviour incidents, respond to approximately 12 missing person reports, carry out 37 stop and searches, deal with 9 road traffic collisions, and respond to 14 incidents flagged as being linked to mental health issues.

Are all of the people who slagged the police off now going to eat their words?

Nope,I have plenty of experience of police ineptitude and LAZYNESS.

I think 95% do a great job,but I have been pretty unlucky I suppose,particularly with the younger bobbies with their nice haircuts,who check themselves in the mirror before they get out the car.

Just saying.

I think 95% do a great job,but I have been pretty unlucky I suppose,particularly with the younger bobbies with their nice haircuts,who check themselves in the mirror before they get out the car.

Just saying.

Though I suspect most of them can spell.

After all this im going to Bite the bullet & taking the wife up to apple tomorrow to get her a brand new 6.Hopeing they can transfer all her stuff from her 5c because she has forgot her apple id.

You can reset Apple ID easy enough

And then back up and everything will transfer to new phone, apps messages the lot

Just saying.

So you believe it is reasonable to denigrate 95% of Police men and women for the "ineptitude and laziness" of 5%...Yeah, that's sounds like a well reasoned and fair position to take...not. :hmm:

Just saying.

Yawn

So you believe it is reasonable to denigrate 95% of Police men and women for the "ineptitude and laziness" of 5%...Yeah, that's sounds like a well reasoned and fair position to take...not. :hmm:

Thats not what I said,if thats the way it came across,then I apologise.

I did say 95 % do a great job,and a pretty thankless job.

My original comment was that,when it comes to investigating 'possible' crimes like this ,they will most certainly not give it priority,and will get to it when they are ready.

But, there have been many instances in my own personal experience,and that of friends and family,where more serious incidents have taken place,and the response has been life threateningly poor,IPCC upheld poor.

This is my experience,so before you roast me for having a little dig,ask yourselves if 100% of the police are 100% efficient 100% of the time.

I didnt think 5% was bad .

OK so 100% is all of them. Therefore 95% doing a great job means by implication that 5% don't. I can't see it meaning anything else.

You say you've had a bad experience or two. I would suggest that is clouding your judgment. Having been involved with life threatening incidents' in a past career, it's my experience that the victim/potential victim sometimes has an unreasonable expectation of what should happen next. I'm not suggesting you are in that category, but you must admit, it is a possibility.

Edited by achosenman

Are all of the people who slagged the police off now going to eat their words?

I very much doubt it some people just look for the slightest thing so they can have a dig at them..

Im not in the police and never have been but people jump on the band wagon to bloody quick..

The police are so stretched they haven't got the resources to follow these sort of things up a lot of the time. That's not their fault.

Now if you were to go to Germany they have so many police (by comparison) that they would probably jump at the chance to actually go and do something

Edited by Vince Green

Sorry i didnt mean this to end up a police bashing thread.I meant that they didnt seem to bothered in the scheme of things.Probably more concerning crimes to contend with i suppose.They did get back to me to inform me that they where dealing with it and at least the phone was recovered,which they didnt have tell me but kindly did.So sincere appologise to any police officers out there.

Edited by Davyo

Police should get of their rears and investigate what you told them is a crime. Not give the impression your wasting their time. They don't take the wasting time view when a motorist goes a few mile over the limit and give a penalty and fine.

Not quite true IMO.

The former takes effort the second none It just gets done for them by putas?

Reality?

Edited by old man

Sorry i didnt mean this to end up a police bashing thread.I meant that they didnt seem to bothered in the scheme of things.Probably more concerning crimes to contend with i suppose.They did get back to me to inform me that they where dealing with it and at least the phone was recovered,which they didnt have tell me but kindly did.So sincere appologise to any police officers out there.

In fairness, a lot of people have (rightly) defended the police.

Fair play to you for reporting the scumbag. I am sure that the owner is grateful.