18650 batterys and charger

bazzashadow

hi all

I have some 18650 battery's at the mo that need replacing

where is everyone`s preferred buyer?

and are these Nitecore chargers any good ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/122325865693?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=40208487538&rlsatarget=aud-133395220626%3Apla-470339062792&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=9045091&device=c&campaignid=738085096&crdt=0

and if so where is the best place to buy one that is not a copy?

thanks in advance for any reply's

Get a used laptop battery and dismantle it.Panasonic or Toshiba or Sony all good.Theyre full of 18650 batteries and most ebay sellers list how many cells in there.Laptop batts have to have a long use life as no manufacturer wants the bad press of carp battery life atb

Get a used laptop battery and dismantle it.Panasonic or Toshiba or Sony all good.Theyre full of 18650 batteries and most ebay sellers list how many cells in there.Laptop batts have to have a long use life as no manufacturer wants the bad press of carp battery life atb

I`ll try that

Nitecore chargers are very good.

do you know the best place to buy one and about how much will I pay?

Not that great an idea, tbh.

Decent 18650 batteries have protection circuits built in to prevent overheating when charging or discharging. So do laptop batteries, but when you dismantle one, you will remove the circuits because they are not built into each individual cell.

Do not leave one of these charging unattended - they have been known to catch fire and/or explode.

Have a look at Torchy the Battery Boy's website for more information.

Not that great an idea, tbh.

Decent 18650 batteries have protection circuits built in to prevent overheating when charging or discharging. So do laptop batteries, but when you dismantle one, you will remove the circuits because they are not built into each individual cell.

Do not leave one of these charging unattended - they have been known to catch fire and/or explode.

Have a look at Torchy the Battery Boy's website for more information.

I was about to add the same thing. They work if you know what you are doing and use a very good charger but it's still a risk. A set of these going up in flames would be very scary indeed - more like an incendiary bomb going off!

I use Nitecore chargers. They are very good and got mine from http://www.taclight.co.uk. I have quite a few things from them and the service as been very good.

If you decide to buy from taclight put order item in the basket and press CHECKOUT, fill in all your details on the left. You will see on the right a box that says Discount.

In that box type TAC5, press apply and it should give you a 5% discount on your purchase. The TAC5 code should work for all purchases on that site.

Edited by SPAS 15

Just as a side note... Initially I bought a two battery set complete with charger from ebay.... Plugged it in this week and walked away while it started to charge, 5 minutes later the acrid aroma of burning electronics filled the kitchen. The charger had started to self destruct !!

The charger was similar to this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-UK-Plug-Universal-Battery-Batteries-Charger-3-7V-2x-18650-Rechargeable-/262858731436?hash=item3d3399efac:g:BzMAAOSwfVpYovct